Copy Editor Who Likes to Write
NerdWallet is looking for a writer with an entrepreneurial spirit to cover the personal finance choices that millions of Americans grapple with every day.
At NerdWallet, you’ll do more than just write. You may be a strong fit if you’re a skilled copy editor who likes to write, because editors’ varied experience often makes them especially well-suited for a writer role at NerdWallet.
How you can make an impact:
- Help NerdWallet’s 100M+ annual visitors better understand their finances and how to make smart money decisions
- Write high-quality stories with a strong consumer-first orientation
- Share consumer insights and timely/relevant ideas to support NerdWallet’s social, syndication and media strategies
- Leverage insights from analytics to grow NerdWallet's readership and improve the user experience
- Contribute ideas that strengthen NerdWallet's approach to product reviews and comparisons
- Help shape NerdWallet's product experiences
- Scrappy and fast-paced, with an obsessive attention to detail
- A strong communicator who can empathize with consumers and help them navigate complex financial decisions
- A versatile writer who can grasp and cover any financial topic
- Excellent at time management, prioritization and handling multiple projects at once
- Resourceful and self-directed. You can tackle anything from story assignments to projects with minimal direction, and you consistently deliver polished work
- Comfortable with change and taking constructive criticism
That's what it takes to thrive at NerdWallet. We cover banking, budgeting, credit cards, insurance, investing, mortgages, personal loans, student loans, and other consumer finance topics. Our content team is 70+ strong and includes writers and editors with experience from Bloomberg, Dow Jones, the Los Angeles Times, MSN, Reuters, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. We also have staff writers who spent years as successful freelancers or in fields outside journalism.
What we have in common: We take initiative. We think strategically. We problem-solve effectively. We're adaptable. We're highly collaborative. We’re also nice people.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend toward learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- On-site coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
- Remote: co-working space subsidy
- Remote: ergonomic desk, chair and/or keyboard subsidy
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.