Member Support Specialist (Contract)
NerdWallet’s mission is to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. As a Member Support Specialist, you’ll help provide customer service, technical support, and basic financial advice to NerdWallet’s rapidly growing membership base. As part of the User Operations team, you will be a key part of ensuring an excellent member experience on NerdWallet.com. You’ll help members with account issues, credit score questions, product recommendations, and more!
We are looking for Nerds with a passion for helping people and an interest in personal finance as we significantly expand the product experiences offered to NerdWallet’s members. This role will consist primarily of answering tickets that come in via email, troubleshooting of technical issues, and providing members with appropriate resources and guidance as they continue on their financial journey.
Where you can make an impact:
- Help consumers improve their lives through better financial decisions. You will do this by assisting our members in successfully utilizing NerdWallet’s tools and features that can help them improve their financial lives - always with their best interests in mind
- Become a true technical product expert across NerdWallet’s offerings
- Clearly communicate complicated topics to people of all ages, backgrounds, and financial situations, with empathy and understanding
- Demonstrate an ability to work both efficiently and effectively, achieving maximum customer satisfaction with minimum response time in all interactions
- Passionate about personal finance and customer support
- A warm and effective communicator with customers via online channels. You are excited to ensure all users have a great experience at NerdWallet
- Detail-oriented and data-driven, able to manage multiple tools to drive issues to resolution
- Able to professionally and efficiently handle all incoming requests and direct users to the right resources, with a sense of urgency
- Able to be highly productive with little oversight on a day to day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility, with experience balancing numerous concurrent demands
- Prior experience in a technical support or customer service role
- Familiarity with workplace tools such as Zendesk, Confluence, JIRA, Trello, and Asana
- A people-centric attitude and passion for helping others
- Willingness to “nerd out” about consumer credit and personal finance
- Remote work experience preferred
- Fintech experience preferred, but not required
- This is a remote position and requires flexible availability during our business hours (6am-5pm Pacific), including weekends
- Commitment to a minimum of 30 hours per week preferred
- Hours may be scheduled/assigned based on business needs, demand, and availability
- This is a 6-month contract position with potential opportunity for extension
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.