Copywriter, Performance Marketing (Contract)This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
We’re looking for an imaginative and skilled marketing copywriter to join our Brand Studio team on a contract basis. This is an on-site, 40 hour/week contract role based in San Francisco. This person will write compelling, clear and strategic copy that drives business results and supports key marketing initiatives while maintaining the NerdWallet voice and vision. We’re looking for a self-driven, creative problem solver who’s passionate about making personal finance clear and human.
As the marketing leg of our copy team, you’ll work closely with our designers and the Paid Marketing team to craft messaging and copy for digital deliverables.
Where you can make an impact:
- Working closely with Paid Marketing and Brand Studio designers to create engaging concepts for landing pages, display ads, social and video.
- Communicating complex financial concepts using punchy, conversational language.
- Developing collaborative relationships with performance marketing managers to craft campaign and feature-specific messaging, value props and benefit-driven copy.
- Digesting performance metrics and integrating learnings into creative.
- Understanding and identifying the nuances between between high-performing copy across various channels.
- 2+ years of related marketing copywriter experience at an advertising or marketing agency, or in-house creative team.
- Must have digital experience — especially direct response copywriting.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized and able to reference past projects when needed.
- A love of storytelling and thinking outside the box to create impactful marketing campaigns and materials.
- A strong interest in personal finance, and a curiosity to learn more.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.