Points and Miles Writer/ExpertThis position is located in San Francisco, CA or Remote.
NerdWallet is looking for a someone with a passion for travel and expert knowledge of loyalty and rewards programs and credit card points.
You will help take our content to the next level by providing consumers with actionable tips and expert advice to maximize travel. You are well-versed in earning and redeeming travel rewards and showcase this expertise through an engaging and fun writing style.
The position also requires strong consumer orientation and business/social media savvy. You'll report directly to the Assigning Editor for Travel.
Where you can make an impact:
- Help NerdWallet’s 100M+ annual visitors better understand their credit cards and how to navigate the complex systems of points, miles and rewards.
- Infuse a passion for travel rewards across the team, ensuring topics and emerging trends are thoughtfully integrated into business and marketing strategy.
- Write and edit 5-6 stories per week. Measure and report on traffic and key metrics to inform execution.
- Build and continuously evolve NerdWallet’s proprietary valuation system for reward programs (credit card, airline, hotel).
- Share consumer insights and timely/relevant ideas to support social, email, media strategy and syndication channels.
- Obsessed with using credit card rewards to save money and travel smarter
- A strong, versatile writer (i.e., you can build a rewards index but also get time-sensitive short posts published and promoted in 30 minutes)
- Data driven and have the ability to translate content performance into clear and actionable insights
- Excellent at time management, prioritization and handling multiple projects at once
- A strong communicator who truly enjoys helping consumers navigate such a complex topic
- Scrappy and fast paced, with strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of loyalty and rewards programs and credit card points
- 3+ years as a writer or editor
- Comfortable in Wordpress CMS; social media savvy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
- Remote: co-working space subsidy
- Remote: ergonomic desk, chair and/or keyboard subsidy
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.