Assigning Editor (Credit Cards)This position is located in San Francisco, CA or Remote.
NerdWallet is looking for an assigning editor with an entrepreneurial mindset to help us cover credit cards from a consumer-first perspective. You have ideas and subject-area expertise to contribute. You want to do more than earn a living. You want to help build a business. You're comfortable with change. You're a strong editor who wants to keep improving.
That's what it takes to thrive at NerdWallet. We've been around since 2009, helping consumers make smart financial decisions. We have a content team of 90-plus editors and writers, and we're still growing.
Assigning editors occupy key positions at NerdWallet. They create and execute content strategy and optimization efforts, edit and develop writers, and manage content relationships with business, product and marketing partners across the company.
Our staff editors and writers have worked at outlets such as Bloomberg, CNN, Dow Jones, ESPN, the Los Angeles Times, MarketWatch, MSN, Reuters, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. What we have in common: We take initiative. We think strategically. We problem-solve effectively. We're highly collaborative.
How you can make an impact:
- Generate consumer-focused story ideas around credit cards
- Edit engaging, high-quality stories for NerdWallet.com and our media partners
- Help develop and execute content strategy and optimization efforts for our credit card team
- Help manage editorial workflow and work collaboratively with teams across NerdWallet
- Increase discoverability of NerdWallet credit card content via SEO and other distribution approaches
- Monitor and interpret engagement metrics to make content decisions
- Offer regular, actionable feedback on writers’ work
- Knowledge of the credit card space, including the options available for consumers
- Flexibility and high comfort with change
- A strong work ethic and a desire to keep learning
- A strong command of language and attention to details
- The ability to work well on your own as well as in a team setting
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and manage relationships with varied stakeholders
- Expertise in delivering online content to high-intent audiences, including knowledge of best practices in SEO and content strategy
- Solid experience working with writers, with the ability to deliver clear guidance and constructive criticism
- The ability to lead by example in an environment that encourages all employees to improve themselves
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with a company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipends
- $500 enrichment stipend toward learning and development
- Catered lunches daily and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Remote: co-working space subsidy
- Remote: ergonomic desk, chair and/or keyboard subsidy
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.