No Purchase Protection Whatsoever
Yes, the points are fantastic, however, I learned when trying to use purchase protection with this card that you pretty much have none. If this matters do you, certainly give American Express a serious look.
Quick story, ordered something online that never arrived. Typical story, the website it was shipped, the Postal Service said it was delivered, I never got the package. Called, ended up on the phone with completely incompetent customer service reps, and got transferred around for the next 1 hour and 17 minutes (I timed it) to find out how to file a claim to get refunded.
In order to file a claim, one has to fill out a form, mail it to Chase along with the following documentation ...
* A copy of the store itemized receipt.
* A copy of the monthly billing statement.
* A copy of the police report.
* A copy of your insurance declaration page.
* A copy of the documentation of any other settlement of the loss when applicable.
* If the item is repairable, an estimate of the repair.
* A copy of the paid receipt or invoice for the repairs made claimed item may be repaired.
If they decided that this is worthy of a customer protection, they will mail you a printed check rather than credit the account. It's the year 2015 as I type this.
I want to love this card, I really do, but with no customer protection mixed with the horrific customer service, I'm forced to go elsewhere.