Join in to get guidance and support as you pay off debt while also tackling other financial priorities.
Hi! Welcome to the NerdWallet “Paying Off Debt” community. We’re here to support you as you get rid of your debt, while helping you stay on top of other financial priorities, too. We encourage you to share your own experiences, questions and best practices with other members of the community to get their feedback. NerdWallet experts — recognized by the big green ‘N’ on their profile pictures — will also provide tips and resources on how to pay off debt.
To get the most out of this community, please include the following info in your initial post, if you’re comfortable doing so:
- The amount and type of debt you have (student loans, credit cards, etc.)
- How much you’ve paid down so far, and how much is left
- Interest rates
- Amount you have saved, both for emergencies and for retirement
- Annual income
- Current credit score if you know it
- The specific question or issue you’re concerned about
Thanks for reading, and happy posting!