The Patient Health Advocacy process of Planning Health (PH) generally includes the following:
- Providing one-on-one support to clients and, if necessary, their families and/or health care providers.
- Assistance and understanding regarding symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.
- Identifying and reducing barriers to diagnosis and treatment, including need for better communication between health care providers or health insurers.
PH Patient Health Advocates communicate information to clients and, with the client’s written consent, between the client and their families, health care professionals and/or insurers.
- The information communicated may relate to symptoms, diagnosis, medication, treatment options and/or health outcomes.
- Health Advocates provide resources and information to the client to assist the client in making more informed decisions.
- Health Advocates ensure client confidentiality.
PH Health Advocates do not diagnose or prescribe treatments, but work with the client and their health care providers to ensure that the correct diagnosis and/or treatments are received.
PH is a non-profit and requests donations for services. The amount of the donation requested is dependent on the time spent with the client and complexity of the case, starting at $200/hour.