Best Crypto Exchanges and Platforms for Beginners
NerdWallet reviewed 12 companies that provide the purchase and sale of cryptocurrencies to U.S. customers. Some of these are NerdWallet partners, but this did not influence our selection of the best provider. The best provider was selected on Oct. 1, 2021, based on the evaluation period of Sept. 27, 2021, through Oct. 1, 2021.
How we picked the companies to evaluate:
NerdWallet evaluated each provider across the weighted criteria below to determine the best provider for cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms for beginners:
How we chose the winner:
- Trading fees for bitcoin (15%).
- Company transaction fees for the one-time purchase or sale of $200 in bitcoin (15%).
- Number of crypto-to-crypto trading pairs offered (15%).
- Ability of users to move cryptocurrency holdings off the platform (15%).
- Trade minimum for purchase of bitcoin (7.5%).
- Fees to move cryptocurrency off the platform (7.5%).
- Number of cryptocurrencies offered for trade (7.5%).
- Ability to find important information easily on the website (7.5%).
- Mobile app ratings in the Apple and Google Play app stores (7.5%).
- Customer support options and availability (3.5%).
NerdWallet writers sent detailed questions to all reviewed companies. NerdWallet writers and editors also confirmed fees, rates, policies and other key features on each company's website.