NatWest Business Bank Accounts
- NatWest provide business bank accounts for start-ups and existing business of all kinds.
- You can compare product features of NatWest business banking range in the table below - just click on the links for more information or to apply direct.
Sorry we do not currently compare this providerCompare other products
NatWest Business Bank Account FAQ
Who is NatWest?
NatWest remains one of the largest banks in the UK, with over 900 branches across the UK and millions of customers. It offers a large variety of banking services, including business bank accounts. It also offers mortgages, savings and loans.
What kind of business accounts does NatWest offer?
NatWest business bank accounts come in three main varieties, all of which offer standard current account services, plus a few extra features as laid out below:
- Startup Account: This type of bank account is for owners of businesses that have been trading for less than 12 months and have a turnover under £1m. It offers online banking, a banking app and telephone banking as standard, as well as some extra support intended to help new businesses. Startups may also qualify for an initial free banking offer.
- Business Account: Once they have been trading for a year, applicants should apply for the NatWest Business Account. This is the standard business account with access to all features, as well as offering a dedicated Relationships Manager, providing you meet certain criteria.
- Community Account: This account is specifically designed for non-profit organisations to help them keep track of their money and carry out day-to-day banking. The account comes with a debit card, subject to status, as well as a cheque book and paying-in book.
What does a NatWest business bank account cost?
NatWest has set out its fees and charges for business banking in its Standard Published Tariff. There may be charges for certain transactions as well as a monthly fee for operating the account. The start-up account may offer a free banking initial period, although some transactions may still carry charges and eligibility criteria will apply.
After the free banking period, the tariff will revert to the Standard Published Tariff. Make sure you check this thoroughly to make sure you are happy with the charges before applying.
How do I apply for a NatWest business bank account?
You can apply in branch or online, but you will need to provide several pieces of information in order to be considered for a business bank account. Information required differs depending on whether you are a sole trader or a limited company, for example. However, generally you will need to provide evidence of business and personal addresses, finances and company registration. Your personal and business credit files may be checked.
Can I get an overdraft with my NatWest business bank account?
You may be able to apply for an overdraft with your NatWest business bank account, but your acceptance will depend on your credit record and your business finances.
I already have a business bank account; can I switch to NatWest?
NatWest business bank accounts are part of the Current Account Switch Guarantee Scheme, so you are able to switch easily and within seven working days of making a request. A team from NatWest will take care of the switch on your behalf.
Services offered by this provider may change over time. Always check Ts&Cs.