NatWest Business Bank Accounts
- NatWest provide business bank accounts for start-ups and existing business of all kinds.
- You can compare product features of NatWest business banking range in the table below - just click on the links for more information or to apply direct.
Compare NatWest Business Bank Accounts
- 18-months free business banking, before standard published tariff applies
- Dedicated 'Start-up Package'
- 24/7 Online and Telephone banking
- NatWest Business Banking is available to eligible customers, over 18 who have the right to be self-employed in the UK
Compare products from other providers
- Contactless MasterCard - with unlimited free purchases in any currency, plus add up to 35 team cards for free
- Instant invoicing directly from your Tide app
- FSCS protected
- For registered business account: you must be registered with UK Companies House as a director of that company or partnership
- For sole trader account: you must be a UK based sole trader/freelancer
- For all accounts: you must be aged 18+, have a valid UK phone number and address, and hold compatible device registered to a UK App or Google Play store
- Free Business Account with Automated Bookkeeping
- Free Invoice Generator, Receipt Scanner, Accountant Access, Multiple Expense Cards for Employees, Personalised Payment Collection Link, Direct Debits, Bulk Payments & Payroll
- This plan has pay as you go charges of £1 per cash withdrawals, £5 per international payment
- You can open an account if you are a Sole Trader, Director of a Limited Company (and listed on Companies House), or a Partner in a Limited Liability Partnership
- Your business should be located within the UK and you also need to have a UK residential address
- Not available to charities
- Same-day overdraft on application - Representative EAR of 10.47% (variable)
- Savings account with instant access - 0.01% AER, subject to eligibility and application
- Manage your cashflow with an HSBC Credit Card - apply in the App and receive a decision in minutes. Representative 15.9% APR (variable).
- Available to Limited Companies and Sole traders. Applicants must be 18 years or older
- Identity and credit checks apply
Award-winning comparisons you can trust
It's always nice to know you're on the right track. Over the years, as we have striven to improve the services we provide to our clients and users, we have been pleased to receive recognition for our efforts from both industry and consumer bodies.
NatWest Business Bank Account FAQ
Who is NatWest?
NatWest remains one of the largest banks in the UK, with over 900 branches across the UK and millions of customers. It offers a large variety of banking services, including business bank accounts. It also offers mortgages, savings and loans.
What kind of business accounts does NatWest offer?
NatWest business bank accounts come in three main varieties, all of which offer standard current account services, plus a few extra features as laid out below:
- Startup Account: This type of bank account is for owners of businesses that have been trading for less than 12 months and have a turnover under £1m. It offers online banking, a banking app and telephone banking as standard, as well as some extra support intended to help new businesses. Startups may also qualify for an initial free banking offer.
- Business Account: Once they have been trading for a year, applicants should apply for the NatWest Business Account. This is the standard business account with access to all features, as well as offering a dedicated Relationships Manager, providing you meet certain criteria.
- Community Account: This account is specifically designed for non-profit organisations to help them keep track of their money and carry out day-to-day banking. The account comes with a debit card, subject to status, as well as a cheque book and paying-in book.
What does a NatWest business bank account cost?
NatWest has set out its fees and charges for business banking in its Standard Published Tariff. There may be charges for certain transactions as well as a monthly fee for operating the account. The start-up account may offer a free banking initial period, although some transactions may still carry charges and eligibility criteria will apply.
After the free banking period, the tariff will revert to the Standard Published Tariff. Make sure you check this thoroughly to make sure you are happy with the charges before applying.
How do I apply for a NatWest business bank account?
You can apply in branch or online, but you will need to provide several pieces of information in order to be considered for a business bank account. Information required differs depending on whether you are a sole trader or a limited company, for example. However, generally you will need to provide evidence of business and personal addresses, finances and company registration. Your personal and business credit files may be checked.
Can I get an overdraft with my NatWest business bank account?
You may be able to apply for an overdraft with your NatWest business bank account, but your acceptance will depend on your credit record and your business finances.
I already have a business bank account; can I switch to NatWest?
NatWest business bank accounts are part of the Current Account Switch Guarantee Scheme, so you are able to switch easily and within seven working days of making a request. A team from NatWest will take care of the switch on your behalf.
Services offered by this provider may change over time. Always check Ts&Cs.