Cover For 1,000 Business Types
Protection if someone is injured or their property is damaged because of your business.
- Public Liability Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Business Contents Insurance
Legal fees and compensation payments if you make a mistake in your work and a client suffers a financial loss.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
Cover for legal fees and compensation payments if you make a mistake in your work and a client suffers a financial loss.
How to compare Zurich Insurance
What do our nerds say about Zurich business insurance?
Zurich is a global multi-line insurer that offers a wide range of policies for individuals, small businesses, mid-sized companies, large companies and multinational corporations. Founded in 1872, Zurich began operations as a marine reinsurer. Today, with around 56,000 employees, Zurich offers products and services to organisations of all kinds and sizes in over 210 countries and territories.
» COMPARE: Business insurance
What is Zurich business insurance?
Zurich business insurance is a comprehensive business policy designed to protect companies against the unexpected. Having a business insurance policy in place can help you cover the cost of smaller things such as replacing lost keys and repairing machinery should the unexpected happen. At the same time, a business insurance policy can help safeguard your business against the cost of legal fees and compensation claims that might arise against you or your company.
» MORE: What is business insurance?
What types of business insurance does Zurich include?
A Zurich business insurance is a comprehensive policy that can include cover for the following areas:
- Employers’ liability insurance: A legal requirement if you employ anyone in the UK that isn’t a member of your family. However, if you run an incorporated family business you must have employers’ liability in place.
- Public liability insurance: Covers the cost of legal fees and compensation for injury, illness or death caused by your business to a third party.
- Professional indemnity insurance: Covers legal fees and compensation costs if you or your business makes a mistake, is negligent or offers bad advice that causes your client to lose money or damages their reputation.
- Product Liability insurance: Covers compensation costs and legal fees if a product you sell causes injury, illness or damage to a third party.
- Directors and officers insurance: Covers the cost of legal fees and compensation if a director, officer or key manager in your business is accused of a ‘wrongful act’.
- Cyber insurance: Covers the cost of damage from a cyber attack such as a data breach or hack.
Zurich offers business insurance products and solutions across a wide range of industries. The types of insurance product that are available to you may vary depending on the type of industry you’re in.
» MORE: Do I need business insurance?
How to get a business insurance policy from Zurich
You can get a business insurance policy from Zurich by using our quote comparison tool.
How much does Zurich business insurance cost?
The cost of a Zurich business insurance policy will depend on the type of business you have and the level of cover you need. These factors may also affect the cost of your business insurance policy:
- the nature of your business
- its annual turnover
- the number of employees you have
- your insurance claims history
» MORE: How much is business insurance?
What professions does Zurich cover?
Zurich covers a wide range of business professions, however, it’s important to check whether your business is eligible before purchasing a policy. Some of the professions covered by Zurich business insurance include:
- fitness instructors
- personal trainers
- yoga teachers
- online retailers
Zurich Business Insurance FAQs
Is Zurich Insurance still in business?
Yes, Zurich is still in business. It was founded as a marine reinsurer in 1872 and has been in operation for 150 years.
Who is Zurich Insurance owned by?
Zurich Insurance is owned by the Zurich Insurance Group which is headquartered in Switzerland.
Who are Zurich Insurance’s competitors?
Zurich Insurance’s competitors include AXA, Allianz and Prudential.
» COMPARE: Business insurance
Brean is a personal finance writer at NerdWallet. She covers a range of financial topics and has written for consumer titles including Which?, Moneywise and The Motley Fool. Read more
How this service works
This insurance service is provided by Simply Business on behalf of NerdWallet Ltd.
The data you supply and submit is collected directly by Simply Business who are responsible for the handling and processing of that data.
Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7NG.