Compare Car Warranty
- Car warranty policies are a way of covering yourself against the cost of car parts and repairs
- A suitable policy can ease the financial burden of unexpected mechanical and electrical failures
- Compare the main features of leading UK providers in the table below
MotorEasy - Car WarrantyExclusive
- Repair costs covered up to the value of your vehicle, including parts, labour and diagnostic fees.
- Covers sudden AND wear & tear related failures from day 1 as standard (conditions apply).
- Accredited by The Motor Ombudsman - ensuring products are advertised honestly, sold appropriately & repairs are simple.
- Exclusive offer: Enter code NW100 at checkout for £100 off a 12 month warranty
Max Vehicle Age
Value of vehicle (unlimited repair events)
Click4Warranty - Car WarrantyExclusive
- Fully Insured Protection with Day One Cover (Even for Wear & Tear!) included as standard
- No service history needed to qualify (see "cover at a glance" on website) & no age or mileage limit once cover starts
- No pre-inspection required, claims settled fast & payment directly to repairer wherever possible
- Exclusive offer: Enter code BEST125 for £125 off any warranty
Max Vehicle Age
12 years (at start of cover)
150,000 (at start of cover)
Up to £7,000
RAC Warranty supplied by ALA - Car Warranty
- Fully insured cover regulated by the FCA and protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- Zero excess, day one protection and no pre inspection required.
- Use any VAT registered garage for repair and option to use RAC approved garages in your area
- Offer: Enter NW5 on quote page to receive 5% off
Max Vehicle Age
Value of Vehicle
Warrantywise - Car WarrantyExclusive
- 24/7 Roadside assistance & recovery included as standard.
- Vehicles repaired at any VAT registered garage of your choice with parts, labour & diagnostic fees covered.
- Day one protection.
- Failure due to wear & tear included.
- Exclusive offer: Enter NERDWALLET for 10% discount.
Max Vehicle Age
Value of vehicle
Please note: Our comparison service features a selection of providers from whom we receive commission. This table is ordered according to our commercial arrangements.
Award-winning comparisons you can trust
It's always nice to know you're on the right track. Over the years, as we have striven to improve the services we provide to our clients and users, we have been pleased to receive recognition for our efforts from both industry and consumer bodies.
Car Warranty FAQs
What is a car warranty?
A car warranty is designed to protect the owner of a car from unexpected expenses following mechanical problems with their vehicle. It will help cover the cost of car repairs or replacements parts.
New cars come with warranties from the manufacture. Owners of used cars or those that are no longer covered by manufacturer warranty will need to buy a car warranties themselves if they want to.
How much does car warranty cost?
Car warranty costs are dependent on your car, the kind of plan you require, and the provider from which you purchase it. The make and model of your car will be one of the biggest factors in determining the price you pay.
Warranties for cars that require more expensive parts and older cars more susceptible to damage tend to cost more. Cars that have a lot of mileage on the clock will likely require a more comprehensive plan as well. Many of the cheapest car warranties will only cover cars up to a certain age, often 10-12 years.
How long do warranty plans last for?
Warranty plans will usually cover your vehicle for between one and five years, depending on the individual plan you choose. Most plans will also include a mileage limit, typically of around 120,000 miles.
What does a car warranty plan cover?
Car warranty plans commonly cover problems with the following car parts:
- Brake parts
- Air conditioning
The features included depend on which car warranty you take out and what you agree with your provider. Shop around and compare car warranty plans to find one that offers the best price and covers the features most suitable for you and your car.
What does a car warranty not include?
Here are some of the features that are less commonly included on standard warranty plans:
- Oil leaks
- Wear and tear
- Tyres and wheels
- Damage to the car?s exterior paint work
- Audio systems
If you require coverage for any of these features, it may be necessary for you to select a more premium plan or purchase optional extras.
What happens if I sell my car?
Many car warranty providers will allow you to transfer the warranty to the new owner, although you may incur an administration charge in doing so. Check with individual providers for full details.