Kent Reliance Mortgages

Where are you in your homebuying journey?

Get Started
Powered by Koodoo logo

Compare mortgages from the UK's leading lenders, including:

Not all lenders offer every type of mortgage – answer 8 simple questions to see which brands offer the product you are interested in.

  • We've partnered with Koodoo to compare mortgage deals across the whole market

  • Answer 8 simple questions to get started

  • See how your current or preferred lender compares

  • Apply direct or through our broker partner

Think carefully about securing debt against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage

NerdWallet - Our awards

Award-winning comparisons you can trust

It's always nice to know you're on the right track. Over the years, as we have striven to improve the services we provide to our clients and users, we have been pleased to receive recognition for our efforts from both industry and consumer bodies.

Last updated on 01 February 2021.

Kent Reliance Mortgages FAQ

What is a Kent Reliance mortgage?

Kent Reliance mortgages are a financial product which enables borrowers to raise finance in order to purchase a property, whether that’s for buy-to-let or residential purposes.

What is an interest-only mortgage?

As distinguished from a repayment mortgage, an interest-only mortgage from Kent Reliance or any other provider offers a borrower a mortgage on the condition that they pay back only interest costs each month. As a result, when the mortgage term ends, the full mortgage remains outstanding, waiting to be paid in full.

Is there an ideal credit score for a mortgage?

Providers have differing ways of measuring what would be an acceptable credit score. Even so, with a total score out of 999, it would be beneficial to have a score as close to 700, if not above. This is because lower scores can signal greater risk to providers, who might charge higher interest or refuse to lend altogether.

Does a mortgage default damage my credit score?

Yes, mortgages are long-term financial commitments, and defaulting on them will do damage to your credit score. Default can result in having to sell the asset if you need to liquidate assets to pay back debts.

What is an LTV on a mortgage?

Loan-to-value (LTV) is the way of measuring how much you can borrow relative to the value of the property you wish to purchase. For example, if Kent Reliance offered a mortgage with an LTV of 80%, that would mean your mortgage would cover the bulk of the value of the property, with your deposit covering the remaining 20%.

What is a good LTV on a mortgage?

Kent Reliance and its competitors provide a variety of LTVs on mortgages. The lower the LTV, the more you can reduce risk for the provider. This way, you can expect a lower rate of interest. Please note that this means providing a larger deposit to compensate.

When documents are needed to apply for a mortgage?

Proof of identity is essential, so a passport or driver’s licence is critical. In addition, you would need to give your provider bills for taxes and utilities, as well as bank statements, which might have to date back as far as three to six months ago. This documentation all serves to build a consistent picture of who you are and what state your finances are in.

How do I find the right mortgage?

Kent Reliance mortgages are just one of many you can find on the market. Use NerdWallet to help determine which mortgage has the best levels of interest and the lowest LTV to suit your individual financial requirements. Always read the terms and conditions before applying for any kind of financial product.

Services offered by this provider may change over time. Always check Ts&Cs.

NerdWallet has selected Koodoo to provide you with this information-only online comparison service on a non-advised basis. NerdWallet will receive a share of the commission that Koodoo earns from the lender or from our partnered broker, Fluent Mortgages.

Koodoo is the trading name of Mortgage Power Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 845978), and is a registered company in England and Wales (company registration number 10978680), with a registered address at Scale Space, 58 Wood Lane, London, W12 7RZ

Fluent Mortgages Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 458914), and is a registered company in England and Wales (company registration number 10978680), with a registered address at 102 Rivington House, Chorley, New Road, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 5UE