Homeownership for Public Housing Residents

State program

Review CHFA Lenders

at NerdWallet

Best for

Public housing residents

What you need to know

Tenants in public housing and those using housing assistance may be able to use CHFA’s below-market interest rates to buy a first home. Qualified tenants must rent in public housing or get rental assistance from CHFA, the Department of Housing and Urban Development or a local housing authority.