We cover your money like it’s our money.
We help consumers save and invest. We're independent and proud of it.
- Featured On:
At NerdWallet, we create great tools, crunch numbers and give you all the results, unfiltered. Be it banking, insurance, health care, investments, education, housing, or travel—we do the homework so you don’t have to. We offer data-driven tools and impartial information to help you make solid decisions about the money you work hard to earn. Consider us the nerdy friend you can count on and trust, no matter your money question.
- Clear: Our tools are user friendly, so you save time.
- Unbiased: We use a numbers-based, analytic approach to give you objective results.
- Personalized: We customize results based on your financial preferences.
- Complete: Some sites list only products or services that make them money. We include everything we can find.
Some ways we can help guard your money:
- Choose credit cards: We help you find ones that will save you the most and give you the best rewards.
- Find deals: We help you shop smart -- bargains, coupons and more.
- Invest your money: We help you avoid ripoffs and figure out where your money can stay safe and grow.
- Stay or get healthy: We help you find affordable health care, from the best insurance to the best hospitals.
- Pay for college: We help you find scholarships, calculate loans and compare colleges, including law schools and MBA programs.
Tim Chen, CEO
Before starting NerdWallet in 2009, Tim was a hedge fund analyst at Perry Capital investing in payment processing companies, credit card networks and technology companies. He has also worked as an equity research analyst at Credit Suisse First Boston. Tim graduated from Stanford University with a degree in economics.
Jake Gibson, COO
Jake heads operations for NerdWallet. Before co-founding the company, Jake did a long stint at JPMorgan Chase, where he traded derivatives and managed new automated trading technologies. Jake graduated from MIT, with degrees in math and quantitative finance (because computer science was too hard).
Eric Ogren, CTO
Eric is NerdWallet's chief technology officer and is a veteran of technology companies such as Riverbed Technology and Microsoft. He graduated from Stanford University with a computer science degree.