Best Black Friday 2013 Deals and Ad Leaks
Black Friday News
Black Friday Ad Leaks
- In this installment of NerdWallet’s annual Black Friday series, we check out the best sales from Walmart’s 2013 ad scan. Check back soon [...]
- NerdWallet continues to bring you reviews of Black Friday ads for all your favorite retailers. Keep checking back for more sneak peaks to help [...]
- NerdWallet continues to investigate the highs and lows of the Black Friday sales season with a look at Kmart’s latest ad scan. Keep checking [...]
Victoria's Secret Black Friday 2013 Ad - Find the Best Victoria's Secret Black Friday Deals and SalesDon’t miss out on NerdWallet’s juiciest, most secretive 2013 Black Friday ad leaks this holiday season! For the best deals around, be sure [...]
- NerdWallet continues to bring you the latest Black Friday ad leaks from the biggest names. More to come, so if you haven’t seen your favorite [...]
- See more Black Friday Ads »
Best Black Friday Deals
- Black Friday is all about the electronics - that's what people camp out for. Check out the best electronics deals of Black Friday 2013.
- Black Friday sees some of the steepest cuts on TVs of the entire year, and you'll see some deals here that will amaze.
- Tablets will be discounted heavily this Black Friday - you'll find some steals this season. Check out some of the top tablet deals of Black Friday 2013.
- Need a new phone? Or just scoping out what the deals will look like this holiday season? Check out our picks for the best cell phone deals from current Black Friday ads.
- If you're in the market for a new digital camera this holiday season, check out some of the best camera deals from Black Friday ads and get your shopping trip ready.
When is Black Friday 2013?
Black Friday, the unofficial start to the Christmas shopping season, occurs the day after Thanksgiving. For 2013, Black Friday falls on Friday, November 29th. Black Friday always occurs the day after Thanksgiving because the reprieve from work equals free time for millions of Americans, and retailers have been capitalizing on this opportunity to steer people into stores since the 1930s.
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is one of the busiest shopping days of the year. The unofficial holiday has become famous in recent decades for the million of shoppers who flood both the brick-and-mortar and online stores of retailers. To lure in consumers, stores often offer some of their best deals of the year on select merchandise, driving intense competition with other retailers. Retailers have become increasingly aggressive in promoting fantastic bargains with promotions such as doorbusters and loss leaders.
How Can I Best Find Black Friday Sales?
The most important tip for finding the best Black Friday deals is to do your homework. Previous research is invaluable as the crowds overwhelm shopping malls on Black Friday. Having a plan in place for which items to buy, where to go, and how to shop efficiently and effectively saves time, money, and headaches on the busy day. Retailers release their Black Friday advertisements prior to the date, but these ads are often leaked to the public weeks before Black Friday.