Compare top mortgage lenders
Reach out to multiple lenders to see how much you could save. It pays to compare your options.
- Offers a program allowing qualifying buyers to make cash offers.
- Makes it easy to see customized mortgage rates.
- Average interest rates are on the low end compared to other lenders, according to the latest federal data.
- Read our Better review
- Caters to self-service users who want to apply for a home loan online and talk to a human only as necessary.
- Estimates the loan amount you’ll qualify for within minutes.
- Streamlines the online process with document and asset retrieval capabilities, including the ability to edit your preapproval letter.
- Read our Rocket Mortgage, LLC review
- Offers low rates compared with other lenders, according to the latest data.
- Extends full online capabilities, from application to loan tracking.
- Displays customized rates, with fee estimates, without requiring contact information.
- Read our NBKC review
In order to pick the best lender for you, first decide what kind of loan you’re looking for, what type of service and lending experience you expect, and then see how several lenders compare side by side. What’s most important to you? Face-to-face service, an online experience, credit score flexibility? The mortgage-lending landscape is a crowded field that includes traditional lenders like Bank of America, online mortgage lenders such as Better Mortgage, credit unions like Navy Federal Credit Union, regional banks like SunTrust, mortgage brokers acting as middlemen, and more. Once you’re ready, be sure to contact multiple lenders to compare mortgage rates and lender fees. If you follow these steps, you’ll be able to find the best lender for you.
In a 2015 report, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau found that 77% of consumers apply to only one lender when seeking a mortgage. By shopping just three different lenders, borrowers could save more than $3,500 in just the first five years, according to the CFPB’s research. By applying to several lenders rather than just one, you can compare all-in costs and get the best deal.