Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Check back regularly for updates on the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Flat-screen TVs are the main attraction for most Black Friday deals, but video games come in a close second. Gaming systems such as the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One offer thrilling and interactive gameplay, but also serve as entertainment hubs to stream movies and TV shows.
Such complex gaming systems can be pricey, and GameStop’s Black Friday event is prime for snagging one of these consoles at a discount. Let’s take a look at what GameStop has to offer for the holiday season kickoff.
Best Black Friday GameStop Deals 2016
There’s tons of opportunities to save at GameStop’s Black Friday event, whether you’re eyeing the new Xbox One S or perusing the pre-owned selections for popular titles such as “Watch Dogs,” “Assassin’s Creed Unity” or “FIFA 15.” Some of GameStop’s best Black Friday specials include:
The PlayStation 4, also known as PS4, has been Sony’s standard console since its release in 2013. GameStop has been a steady supplier of the best-selling gaming system, and Black Friday shoppers in 2016 could find the console, bundle or previously owned, previous-generation PS3 console at a discount:
- Playstation 4 Uncharted 500GB bundle and choice of “The Last of Us Remastered” or “Ratchet & Clank” games for $249.99 ($50 savings). Deal is available on Friday only.
- Pre-owned Playstation 4 500GB for $224.99.
- Pre-owned Playstation 3 Slim for $119.99 ($20 savings).
- Save up to $30 on select PS4 games, including “Guitar Hero Party Edition,” “Grand Theft Auto V,” “WWE 2K17” and more.
- Three for $20 (or $9.99 each) on select pre-owned PS4 game titles.
- PS4 dual-shock controller for $39.99 (regularly $59.99).
Don't pay interest on your holiday credit card balance. Find the best 0% card for you.
- 44% of shoppers carry credit card debt after the holidays
- If you need to carry a balance make sure to put it on a low interest card
Xbox One and Xbox One S
Xbox’s focus on online multiplayer gaming and lifelike graphics propelled demand for the Xbox One. This year, gamers experience updated graphics and improved gameplay with the new Xbox One S. GameStop has geared up with deals on consoles, game bundles and previous models:
- Xbox One S blue 500GB “Gears of War 4” or “Minecraft” bundle for $249.99 ($50 savings).
- Xbox One S 1TB “Gears of War 4” bundle for $299.99 ($50 savings).
- Pre-owned XBox One 500GB console for $219.99.
- Pre-owned Xbox One Kinect sensor for $39.99 (regularly $59.99).
- Save up to $30 on select Xbox One game titles, including “Skyrim,” “Madden NFL 17” and “Battlefield 1” and more.
- Three for $20 (or $9.99 each) on select pre-owned Xbox One games.
Nintendo aims to please both old-school players and young gamers, and so does GameStop. That’s why for Black Friday GameStop has offered discounts on new and used consoles, including the newest Nintendo’s 3DS handheld and the Wii console system:
- Nintendo new 3DS handheld console for $99.99.
- Select Nintendo 3DS titles as low as $14.99.
- Pre-owned Nintendo Wii for $39.99.
Gaming accessories and toys are also discounted throughout the holiday weekend, including action figures, plushies, holiday ornaments and stocking stuffers. Funko figure collectors might like GameStop’s Funko mystery box (available for $20), which includes four GameStop exclusive collectibles and one Pop! Vinyl toy.
Gamers save more when they trade in their used games and consoles for new titles or store credit. Shop the pre-owned section for a buy-two, get-one-free deal for deeper discounts on used consoles and games.
Deals are available online starting on Nov. 24 and in store at 5 a.m. on Black Friday.
Best Black Friday GameStop Deals 2015
In 2015, GameStop shoppers reeled in Black Friday deals all weekend long, starting at 5 a.m. on Black Friday and lasting through Sunday night. Gamers with their eyes on PlayStation, Xbox or Nintendo systems were met with deep discounts on individual consoles, consoles bundles with popular games, accessories and used previous-generation consoles.
Here are some of GameStop’s Black Friday deal highlights from last year:
- PlayStation 4 500GB “Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection” bundle for $299.99 ($50 off).
- Aqua Blue PlayStation Vita system for $169.99 ($30 off).
- PlayStation 3 used 250GB console for $119.99 ($40 off).
- PlayStation 3 used 80GB console for $79.99 ($40 off).
Xbox One and Xbox 360
- Xbox One 500GB “Gears of War: Ultimate Edition” bundle for $299.99 ($50 off).
- Xbox One 1TB Elite bundle for $499.99 ($50 off).
- Xbox One 1TB holiday value bundle for $349.99 ($50 off).
- Xbox 360 320GB used console for $119.99 ($50 off).
- Xbox 360 Original used console for $79.99 ($39.99 after mail-in rebate).
- Nintendo 3DS XL (black or red) for $179.99 ($20 off).
- Used Nintendo 3DS XL system for $99.99 ($40 off).
- Used Nintendo DSi system for $44.99 ($5 off).
- Used Nintendo Wii system for $49.99 ($30 off).
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!