Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Check back regularly for updates on the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
The holidays are synonymous with sales, shopping and, of course, bustling airports. If you plan to travel this holiday season or to scope out a future trip, you’ll want to start off on the right note by finding the best possible price.
Whether you’re going by plane, train or automobile to visit your family or indulge in a vacation getaway, you’ll want to check out our list of the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday travel deals before you book.
Cyber Monday travel deals
While deals at most retailers start on Thanksgiving and last through the weekend, the best time to find travel deals is still Cyber Monday, which this year is on Nov. 28. Many hotel chains, airline carriers and spa resorts release their biggest sales of the year at this time. To be prepared, check travel websites a few days before the holiday weekend, as some deals depend on the hour you book.
Visit Wyndham Vacation Rentals’ website on Cyber Monday to access these deals:
- Up to 35% off cabins in Tennessee’s Smoky Mountains (travel by June 30, 2017).
- Up to 30% off properties in Northwest Florida beaches (travel by Aug. 31, 2017).
- Up to 25% off stays in Beaver Creek, Colo. (travel by Dec. 25, 2016).
Expedia will roll out hourly hotel deals from 9 a.m. Pacific time through 3 p.m. on Cyber Monday. Customers can save an extra 50% on select stays through March 31, 2017, no matter which device they use, or save up to 90% using the Expedia app.
The tour company Go Ahead will slash the price of domestic and international tours by up to 25% on Cyber Monday.
Hotwire customers can choose $20 off of $200, $30 off of $300 or $50 off of $500 on Hot Rate hotels coupon from Black Friday through Cyber Monday. Additional savings on Hot Rate hotels will be available on Cyber Monday as well.
Best Black Friday travel deals 2016
From beach bums to skiers, all sorts of travelers can find savings on pleasing accommodations on Black Friday, too.
In addition to its Cyber Monday deals, Wyndham Vacation Rentals is discounting select stays booked between Black Friday and Nov. 27. Offers include:
- Up to 40% off Oceana Resorts properties in Myrtle Beach, S.C. (travel by June 8, 2017).
- Up to 35% off stays in Orlando, Fla. (travel by May 25, 2017).
- Up to 25% off properties in Breckenridge and Keystone, Colo. (travel by Dec. 24, 2016).
Expedia will reveal its deals starting at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Black Friday. Customers can save up to 50% on select hotels booked on all devices, or up to 75% when they book through the Expedia app on mobile. The travel window ends on March 31, 2017.
Go Ahead is offering Black Friday discounts on travel and tour packages for various destinations worldwide. Here’s a peek at the promotions:
- Up to $600 off per person on all tours booked Nov. 25 through Nov. 27.
- Early birds can save an extra $75 on an excursion or $125 on a tour excursion booked on Nov. 25 between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Sign up with your email address to receive information on surprise Black Friday savings.
At Hotwire, travelers can pick their own deal from a tiered offer. The website will have coupons good for $20 off of $200, $30 off of $300 and $50 off of $500 on Hot Rate hotels. The deal is valid from Black Friday through Cyber Monday.
And remember, now is the time to put your holiday spending (whether you book travel or buy gifts) towards meeting credit card sign-up bonuses and earning points you can use on hotel, dining and airfare. November historically has the best promotions for travel and airline cards. You can buy gifts for loved ones and maximize rewards for travel plans, all with the same Black Friday shopping haul.
Best Black Friday travel deals 2015
Some of the top travel sales last year involved beach destinations. For example, the Half Moon in Montego Bay, Jamaica, offered 30% off stays on select dates, and the Seven Stars resort in Turks and Caicos knocked 50% off the price of stays from April to August 2016.
Here’s a look back at more transportation and lodging discounts:
- In a seven-day sale that started the Tuesday before Black Friday, Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas offered 50% off travel from Dec. 1, 2015, to Nov. 22, 2016. Rates were as low as $128 per night, and a four-night stay or longer earned vacationers a $500 resort credit.
- Liftopia, a discount lift ticket outlet, launched its Black Friday sale a few weeks before Thanksgiving. Skiers and snowboarders could score lift tickets up to 86% off for select snowy locations across the country.
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts dropped prices at some of its hotel chains like the W, Sheraton and Westin in some cities.
- Rail Europe discounted the Eurostar Standard Premier train ticket, which includes a light meal, by 30% from Nov. 27 to Dec. 4.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!