Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2015 Black Friday ad leaks this season from your favorite stores. For announcements about the best holiday deals around, check back regularly before you start shopping. For year-round sales, use NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
When it comes to gaming consoles, Black Friday shoppers don’t want to play games with inflated price tags when there are deals, bargains and specials available. The popular PlayStation 4 and Xbox One gaming consoles are on special at many of the most popular retail electronics outlets, often in bundle packages that throw in the hottest games.
Handheld Nintendo and Wii consoles are also up for grabs at a handful of game stores. We’ve put together list of the best deals on gaming consoles for Black Friday 2015 to help you level up and get your game on as affordably as possible.
Let’s break it down by console to find the best deals this Black Friday.
PS4 4 500GB ‘Uncharted’ Gaming Console Bundle
Most of your big gaming retailers are taking $50 off the PS4 console for their Black Friday sale, selling it for $299.99 plus throwing in “Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection” trilogy and exclusive access to “Unchartered 4: A Thief’s End” when it’s released in Beta. (Beta release runs Dec. 4-13, 2015.) But it’s not that simple — you have to pay attention to when the sale times end, as these vary by store. Here are the Black Friday sale details on the 500GB PS4 console with “Uncharted” bundle:
- Target will sell the 500GB PS4 for $299.99 with “Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection” (a $59.99 value) on Black Friday weekend, but only while supplies last.
- GameStop offers the same $299.99 price tag for a 500 GB PS4. This deal also includes “Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection” and the sale lasts until Sunday night.
- Wal-Mart and Best Buy are selling the PS4 “Uncharted” bundle for $299.99 on Black Friday only.
- Kohl’s has the PS4 “Uncharted” bundle for $299.99 only until 1 p.m. on Black Friday.
The Xbox One is also being discounted by many retailers with a variety of deals and consoles and several different gaming bundles. Let’s break it down by which game is in the bundle, who has the best deal and when the sales cut off.
- Xbox One 500GB Console at GameStop for $50 off ($299.99).
- Xbox One 500GB “The Lego Movie Gaming” Console Bundle at Kohl’s ($299.99) comes with $75 in Kohl’s Cash (offer ends at 1 p.m. on Black Friday).
- Xbox One 500GB “Gears of War: Ultimate Edition” Console Bundle is $50 off ($299.99) at Best Buy (deal is on Black Friday only).
- Xbox One 500GB “Rise of Tomb Raider” Console Bundle is $50 off ($349.99) at Best Buy on Black Friday only.
- Xbox One 1 TB Elite Bundle is $50 off ($449.99) at GameStop all the way through Sunday.
- Xbox One 1TB Holiday Value Bundle is $50 off ($349.99) at GameStop all the way through Sunday.
Handheld gamers and Wii fans also have a variety of options to save on Nintendo consoles this Black Friday. These are listed below, with each sale’s cutoff time.
- Nintendo 3DS XL is $20 off ($179.99) at Kohl’s, Target, GameStop and Best Buy. The Kohl’s deal ends at 1 p.m. Black Friday; Target, GameStop and Best Buy have the deal all day Black Friday.
- Zelda “Hyrule” Edition New Nintendo 3DS XL is $20 off ($199.99) at GameStop all the way through Sunday.
- Wii U 32Gb Console is $50 off ($249.99) at Target and includes free digital downloads of “Splatoon” and “Super Smash Bros.,” a $119.98 value.
GameStop also has specials on used Nintendo consoles, including a pre-owned Nintendo 3DS XL System ($40 off at $99.99 and $79.99), pre-owned Nintendo DS Lite System ($39.99), pre-owned Nintendo DSi System ($5 off at $44.99) and a pre-owned Nintendo Wii System ($30 off at $49.99). It’s all part of GameStop’s “Buy 2 get 1 free” offer on any pre-owned products, which goes all Black Friday weekend (free items must be of equal or lesser value).
Shopping with a credit card? Save even more with these handy tips.
Shop & Compare Credit Cards:
Get the Best Deals on Black Friday and Beyond!
Image via iStock