Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Check back regularly for updates on the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Microsoft’s Xbox One video game console is bound to appear on many wish lists this holiday season. It brings users next-gen gameplay plus streaming apps for live sports, movies and TV, and the ability to play legacy Xbox 360 games.
The recently released Xbox One S brings a few more features to the table, such as 4K video support and a faster processor. Microsoft reduced the price of the Xbox One in anticipation of the One S release and has discounted it even further since. It now retails for $249, which is $100 less than it was during the 2015 holiday season.
We did the research to keep you up to date on even sweeter Black Friday deals on Xbox One consoles and bundles, which include extras like popular games, no matter which version you’re after. Here’s what we found:
Best Black Friday Xbox One Deals 2016
Most retailers are slashing the price of Xbox One bundles by $50 again this year, rather than discounting the console on its own. Each bundle comes with a video game and wireless controller.
- Target is selling the Xbox One S 500GB “Battlefield 1” and “Minecraft” bundles for $249.99 each. And you’ll get a $40 Target gift card free with either purchase.
- Dell has the Xbox One S 500GB “Battlefield 1” bundle, which comes with “Gears of War 4” and an additional controller, for $249.99 (online only starting at 9 p.m. Eastern time on Thanksgiving).
- Xbox One S 500GB “Battlefield 1” and “Minecraft” bundles are $249.99 each at Toys R Us, Best Buy and GameStop. Note that some retailers sell both of these bundles while others have only one.
- Wal-Mart’s Xbox One consoles are all $50 off. The Xbox One S 500GB “Battlefield 1” bundle is $249, for example.
- GameStop has an exclusive Xbox One S “Gears of War 4” bundle in blue for $249.99, in stores only.
- Best Buy has the Xbox One S 1TB “Battlefield 1” Special Edition bundle in military green for $299.99. Plus, get another free wireless controller with the purchase of any 1TB Xbox One purchase at Best Buy.
Even if Black Friday deals already sound like a steal, double check your wallet before you shop and maximize your savings even more by picking a credit card with high rewards or cash back.
Best Black Friday Xbox One Deals 2015
Most 2015 Xbox One deals were bundles rather than markdowns on the console.
- GameStop had more than one promotion. It reduced the price of the console by $50 and offered a bundle deal, which included a copy of “Gears of War: Ultimate Edition,” for $299.99 (was $349.99). The markdowns lasted throughout the weekend.
- Best Buy and Wal-Mart offered the same bundle deal as GameStop, but it was valid only on Black Friday.
- Target’s “Gears of War: Ultimate Edition” bundle was also $299.99, plus it came with a free $60 Target gift card. The offer lasted throughout the holiday weekend, while supplies lasted.
- Kohl’s had a $299.99 console bundled with “The Lego Movie” video game, and shoppers earned $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent, which came to a total of $75 earned from the purchase. The offer was valid from 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving to 1 p.m. on Black Friday, and the Kohl’s Cash had to be redeemed between Nov. 30 and Dec. 6.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!