Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Check back regularly for updates on the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Black Friday is one of the best times to score deals of galactic proportions on “Star Wars” toys, video games, apparel and more.
And although the newest movie set in the “Star Wars” universe, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” won’t arrive in theaters until Dec. 16, the merchandise has already hit the shelves. That means whether you’re a fan of the original trilogy, more recent installments or the film series in its entirety, you’ll likely find the games and droids you’re looking for on sale this holiday shopping season.
We’ve combed through retailers’ ads for the best “Star Wars” Black Friday deals. Check out our picks below.
Best ‘Star Wars’ Toy Deals for Black Friday 2016
- Toys R Us, unsurprisingly, has a large selection of “Star Wars” toy deals. We spotted the Legendary Jedi Master Yoda collector box edition toy for $29.99 (regularly $99.99) and the ”Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens” Sphero app-enabled BB-8 droid for $99.99 (regularly $149.99).
- Kohl’s is selling basic lightsaber toys for $9.99 and the Hot Wheels “Star Wars” Death Star play set for $19.99.
- At Kmart, all “Star Wars” toys are buy one, get one 50% off.
- Target has the “Star Wars: Rogue One” six-pack of 12-inch action figures for $44.99.
- GameStop is discounting “Star Wars Battlefront” to $9.99 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and “Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens” to $29.99 for the same two systems and $14.99 for Nintendo 3DS.
- Best Buy will have the “Star Wars Battlefront” ultimate edition for $19.99 for Xbox One and PS4.
- GameStop’s Black Friday sale features a handful of inexpensive “Star Wars” gifts. Shoppers can score sculpted mugs for $14.99 apiece, journal tin sets for $14.99 and Heroes or Villains pint glass two-piece sets for $10.99.
- Kids’ sleep sets are $4.75 at Wal-Mart.
- Long-sleeve “Star Wars” T-shirts for boys are $9.99 to $11.99 at J.C. Penney.
- Kohl’s has a kids’ “Star Wars” robe for $14.99.
Best ‘Star Wars’ Toy Deals for Black Friday 2015
Shoppers had plenty of “Star Wars” deals to choose from in 2015, including a few items priced at less than $5. Most deals were available both online and in stores. Take a look at some of the highlights:
- GameStop had the best offers on the “Star Wars Battlefront” video game for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. With the purchase of “Star Wars Battlefront” ($59.99) or the “Star Wars Battlefront” deluxe edition ($69.99), shoppers could take $30 off “Madden NFL 16,” “FIFA 16,” “NHL 16” or “Dragon Age: Inquisition.” The retailer also sold holiday-themed “Star Wars” mugs for as low as $9.99.
- Shopko discounted a variety of “Star Wars” goods. The classic lightsaber toy was $4.99, and several styles of T-shirts were on sale for $7.99.
- Several stores hosted deals on “Star Wars” action figures. For example, “Disney Infinity” 3.0 figurines were $9 each at Wal-Mart, while Toys R Us sold them in packs for $37. A six-pack of 12-inch action figures was $44 from Target.
- Sears sold a twin-sized “Star Wars” comforter for $29.99.
Last year, there was a lot of variation in when the deals were in effect, so this year, it would be wise to read the ads carefully for date and time restrictions.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!