Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
The 2016 Big Lots Black Friday ad has arrived and, as usual, it’s loaded with coupons and savings.
Big Lots 2016 Black Friday deals
Unlike many stores, the discount chain gives its employees plenty of hours of work on the holiday, opening its doors at 7 a.m. Thanksgiving morning and staying open until midnight. On Friday, the retailer opens at 6 a.m. and on Saturday at 8 a.m.
Customers who spend $50 or more over the three-day weekend will be treated to coupons for $10, $20 or $40 off their next post-sale purchase through Dec. 2, depending on how much they spend.
The sale is divided into two parts — some discounts are available only on Thanksgiving Day, while the rest go all weekend long.
Here are some of the better deals we spotted:
Thanksgiving Day only:
- 60-inch console fireplace for $389 (usually $499).
- $50 off 62-inch-high Cheval jewelry armoire with mirrored door ($179).
- Simmons rocker recliners marked down to $189 (usually $285).
- Buy two, get one free on all Nerf, Fisher-Price, Monster High, Play-Doh and Hot Wheels toys, plus games and puzzles.
- 25% dolls from Barbie, Disney’s “Frozen” and others.
- 20% off all floor-care machines, including Dirt Devil, Bissell, Hoover and Shark.
- Buy two, get one free on chargers, headphones, ear buds, and cell and tablet accessories from iHome, Polaroid and Travelocity.
- Buy two, get one free on all tubs of holiday ornaments.
- $10 for AR and Vision virtual reality headsets (regularly $14).
- $14.99 for small kitchen appliances from Oster, Crock-Pot, Mr. Coffee and Bella (regularly $19.99 to $24.99).
- $199.99 foosball coffee table (marked down from $269.99).
- $399.99 Serta Edmund Super pillow-top queen mattress (regularly $469.99).
- $50 off assorted kitchen carts, $99.99 marked down from $149.99.
If your generous gift list is full of pricier gadgets, make sure to mind your credit card balance. In the 2015 holiday season, 44% of Americans incurred debt and took about two months to pay it off. If you’re part of this crowd, make sure to avoid paying interest with the right credit card. NerdWallet’s list of best credit cards for holiday shopping includes cards with 0% interest periods that may last from 9 to 21 months. There are plenty of reasons to stress over the holidays; don’t let credit card interest be one of them.
Big Lots 2015 Black Friday deals
If 2015 was any indicator, Big Lots will be open by 7 a.m. on Thanksgiving — so you can start shopping while the turkey’s in the oven. Doors opened again at 6 a.m. Friday and 7 a.m. on Saturday last year. Most, but not all, of the deals lasted throughout the weekend, so be sure to check the fine print so you don’t miss out.
Last year’s 12-page ad featured deals on small kitchen appliances, toys, and seasonal food and drinks. There were also cash discounts for shoppers who spent a certain amount.
Some of 2015’s best deals:
- $99.99 for a 4-inch memory foam queen mattress topper.
- Buy one, get one 50% off Monster High dolls, Avengers action figures and Fisher-Price Preschool and Mega Bloks toys.
- $175 for a refurbished Dyson upright vacuum ($399.99 if bought new).
- $24 for a radio-controlled drone (regularly $40).
- $14 for assorted holiday food and beverage gifts.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!