Black Friday 2014 is here and the best deals of the season on cameras are just days away. Cameras will see some historically low prices this Thanksgiving weekend, and if you’re in the market for a new snapshooter, check out the below pages for more detailed information on what the best camera deals of Black Friday will be! If you’re confused by the complicated landscape of camera choices, too, make sure to visit our buying guide section at the bottom of this page. You’ll find plenty of info on the most important features of the new camera you’ll be buying!
Best Black Friday Camera Deals by Store
Best Black Friday Camera Deals by Brand
Best Black Friday Camera Deals by Price Range
When buying a camera, you should consider the following:
- Camera Type – Camera types include: point-and-shoot, action, compact system and DSLR, or digital single lens reflex. Each serves a slightly different purpose. While DSLR cameras take higher-quality photos, action cameras are suited for fast-action captures.
- Resolution – A camera’s resolution is dependent, in part, on the amount of megapixels it has. For most camera users, 10 megapixels is standard. This can produce a poster-size print.
- Shutter Speed – Check the camera’s lag time between photos. For action shots, a lag time of 0.2 seconds or less should be sufficient.
- Lens – Pay attention to the range and zoom ability of a camera’s lens.
- Memory Card – Check the type and capacity of the memory card that a camera uses. SD, or SecureDigital, cards are the most common format. Most computers – both Mac and PC – include an SD slot.
- Size – Take into account a device’s size and weight, especially if you plan on bringing it with you on trips. Consider how you like to carry it, whether in a bag, in your pocket or around your neck.
- Video Feature – Digital cameras allow you to shoot video in addition to capturing still images.
- Wi-Fi – To instantly upload your photos from your camera to your other devices, select a model with built-in Wi-Fi capability or one that has a connecting USB cable.
- Added Features – If you like to take your camera on adventures, choose a model that is waterproof and versatile like a GoPro. To remember exactly where you took a particular photo, look for a model that includes GPS technology.
There’s a lot to consider when purchasing a camera. Look at features such as resolution, speed, zoom and memory. For the adventurist, consider a waterproof action camera. For close-up nature photos, try opting for a camera with GPS technology and a long-zoom lens.
Man holding camera image via Shutterstock