Steals and deals from Black Friday 2014 are here! Tablet deals have fast become some of the most popular buys on Black Friday, and retailers in recent years have responded in kind and offered great prices on these handheld electronics. Check out the below pages for more detailed information on what the best tablet deals of Black Friday will be! Don’t forget to read our buying guide at the bottom of this page, too, if you need a little more help making a tablet model decision.
Best Black Friday Tablet Deals by Store
Best Black Friday Tablet Deals by Brand
Best Black Friday Tablet Deals by Price Range
When buying a tablet, you should consider the following:
- Operating System – You can typically choose between the following operating systems for tablets: Apple iOS, Google Android or Windows. Weigh which system is the best for you. For example, while an Apple product has more applications available for download, an Android device is often more affordable. You may also want to consider a system that is easy to sync to your other devices.
- Screen Size – Pick a screen size that is comfortable for you. Take into account visibility, portability and price. Devices with larger screens are generally more expensive.
- Battery Life – If you don’t want to charge their device often, choose a tablet with a long battery life.
- Storage – If you want to save lots of pictures and videos on your tablet, opt for one with a large amount of storage space. Storage is typically measured in gigabytes (GB).
- Camera – Tablets may come with one or two cameras. Those with a front-facing camera allow for video calling.
- Portability – For an easy-to-transport tablet, make sure your device is lightweight and equipped with Wi-Fi capability.
Before splurging on a tablet, consider the operating system, screen size and storage amount that will fit your needs. If you like uniformity, you may want to choose a tablet with the same operating system as your smartphone for streamlined syncing. For the Millennial who loves selfies, a tablet with both a traditional camera and a front-facing camera may be best.
Woman with tablet image via Shutterstock