NerdWallet is committed to giving you the news and reviews of the Black Friday 2014 ads as they arrive. If your favorite retailer has not been added, check again soon! For year-round coupons and deals, too, check out NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
Harbor Freight Tools Black Friday 2014
Here it is! Harbor Freight Tools’ ad for this year’s Black Friday sale. Check out all four pages of deals below:
Best Harbor Freight Tools Black Friday Deals From 2013
Retailer Harbor Freight Tools offers a wide range of tools, including power, air, hand welding, automotive and more. The store promises to provide customers with “quality tools at ridiculously low prices.”
In 2013, Harbor Freight Tools released a four-page Black Friday ad. The red-and-green-themed promotion was filled with price cuts of up to 80%. Beyond the featured deals, the ad also promised hundreds of additional unadvertised specials. Sales at Harbor Freight began on Black Friday when doors opened at 7 a.m. The “red hot buys” continued into the weekend as well, with discounts offered Saturday and Sunday. This made for a three-day-long shopping affair.
Here’s a roundup of some of the spectacular tool deals that appealed to weekend warriors and home remodelers alike:
- 12-Inch Sliding Compound Double-Bevel Miter Saw with Laser Guide for $127.99 (save $172)
- Cen-Tech Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer with Laser Targeting for $19.83 (save 66%)
- Pittsburgh 105-Piece Tool Kit with Four-Drawer Chest for $36.79 (save 59%)
- Drill Master Drill Driver and Flashlight Kit for $18.99 (save 57%)
- Chicago Electric Power Tools Oscillating Multifunction Power Tools for $14.99 (save 75%)
- 3-Piece Decorative LED Solar Lights for $8.99 (save 70%)
- Chicago Electric Power Tools 14-Inch Electric Chainsaw for $4.99 (save 40%)
- Drill Master 4½-Inch Angle Grinder for $9.99 (save 50%)
- Cen-Tech Automatic Battery Float Charger for $4.99 (save 66%)
- Gordon 3½-Inch Nine LED Flashlights Pack of 2 for $1.99 (save 80%)
Members of the Inside Track Club – a paid Harbor Freight rewards program – could get in the store early, at 6 a.m. on Black Friday. Nonmembers needed to be aware that those who were part of the program would be the first to have access to the low prices and great deals.
For an even better bargains, there were coupons, too. One was for 25% off any single item online, while the other was a printable coupon for 25% off any single item. These coupons weren’t in the ad itself, however, so savvy shoppers needed to locate them online before Black Friday.
In the summer of 2013 – just months ahead of the Black Friday frenzy – Harbor Freight suffered a data breach that could have exposed the cardholder data of customers. The company continued to inform customers about the supposed cyber attack in the months that followed. It’s not clear if this incident had any effect on holiday spending at the store.