Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2015 Black Friday ad leaks this season from your favorite stores! For announcements about the best holiday deals around, check back regularly before you start shopping. For year-round sales, use NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
Macy’s Black Friday 2015
It’s here! The 2015 Macy’s Black Friday ad has leaked already.
The department store will open its doors at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day this year, and shoppers will be greeted with a host of discounts on everything from apparel and shoes to jewelry and handbags. There are plenty of deals for men, women, juniors and kids alike. We combed through the ad’s 50-plus pages to pick some of our favorite deals and discounts:
- Dyson V6 Motorhead and Cinetic vacuums for $249.99-$499.99 ($399.99-$699.99 after 1 p.m.) (regularly $499.99-$799.99)
- Up to 50% off select men’s sport coats and suit separates
- KitchenAid Classic 4.5-quart tilt-head stand mixer with 10 speeds, flat beater, dough hook and wire whip for $199.99 ($249.99 after 1 p.m.) (regularly $349.99)
- Juniors’ puffer coats for $19.99 ($34.75 after 1 p.m.) (regularly $69.50)
- Select boots for her for $19.99 ($39.99-$49.99 after 1 p.m.) (regularly $59-$69)
- Jedd power-motion sofa for $799 (regularly $1,499)
In addition to the deals themselves, shoppers also can clip special savings pass coupons to bring along on their bargain-hunting trip. Valid from 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 26), until 1 p.m. on Nov. 27 and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Nov. 28, customers can take $10 off a purchase of $25 or more on select sale and clearance-priced apparel and home items or $20 off a purchase of $50 or more on select sale and clearance-priced apparel and home items (excluding doorbusters). Shoppers should read the ad carefully as some prices increase after a certain period of time and some deals are only achieved after a mail-in rebate. For online shoppers, Macy’s will be offering free shipping with a $50 purchase. And for a chance to win big, shoppers can enter the Macy’s Black Friday Walk in & Win contest to have a shot at up to $1 million in prizes. Besides the mammoth ad, another 2015 preview of the biggest Black Friday doorbuster deals from Macy’s is also here! We’ve gotten our hands on an ad that outlines the department store’s best doorbusters.
Here’s a look at the top 10 deals shoppers can expect:
- Charter Club cashmere crewneck or V-neck sweaters for $39.99
- Extra 25% off clearance designer handbags
- 60% off women’s wool and down coats
- Free glitter tote with any $95 fragrance purchase
- Rampage, Style & Co. and Seven Dial boots for $19.99
- 30-50% off select Impulse contemporary apparel
- True Miracle 3/8 carat total weight diamond earrings in 14-karat white gold for $149
- 70% off memory foam pillows and toppers
- 50% off select junior collections
- Select kitchen accessories for $9.99 (after rebate)
According to the ad preview, doorbusters will be available from 6 p.m. Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 26) through 1 p.m. on Black Friday (Nov. 27), Saturday (Nov. 28) from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and online at Macys.com (while supplies last).
Visit our Black Friday landing page for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping with a credit card? Save even more with these handy tips.
Shop & Compare Credit Cards:
Macy’s Black Friday Deals from 2014
Black Friday was a blowout at Macy’s in 2014. Customers at the department store were treated to enough deals to fill more than 50 pages in the retailer’s Black Friday ad.
The sale began at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, and deals extended through nearly every department, including apparel, home, jewelry and accessories. Customers needed to be quick, though, as prices on some doorbusters increased after a certain period of time.
Here’s a look back at some of the most coveted deals:
- Women’s Rampage boots for $19.99 (regularly $59-$69)
- Rachael Ray 12-piece cookware set for as low as $99.99 (regularly $229.99)
- Buy one, get one free on select juniors’ apparel
- Up to 70% off diamond-accent jewelry
- Up to 40% off Dyson vacuums
In addition to lowered prices on a wide variety of popular products, Macy’s also offered coupons. In-store customers could take $10 off their purchase of $25 or more or $20 off their purchase of $50 or more (on purchases of sale and clearance-priced apparel and select home items, excluding doorbusters).
Online shoppers could fill their virtual carts with their favorite products and input an extra savings code at checkout to score an additional 15% off their purchases.
For more details about the 2014 Macy’s Black Friday sale, take a look at our analysis of last year’s ad here.
Image via Shutterstock.