Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Toys R Us opens its doors for its Black Friday deals at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving. Doorbuster deals are valid in-store only, but if shoppers want to claim non-doorbuster items, they can shop toy deals through Saturday night. Store hours vary from location to location, so check in with your nearest Toys R Us for its holiday hours.
There are tons of toy deals to browse through in this year’s modest, 28-page Toys R Us ad.
Toys R Us 2016 Black Friday deals
No matter what age or interest you’re shopping for, there is a Black Friday special to make just about every kid on your shopping list a happy camper. Also, expectant parents and parents of infants can save on select Babies R Us items — including clothes, cribs and diapers — at Toys R Us locations.
Highlights from the ad include toys for all ages, such as Lego and Barbie sets as well as Marvel- and Disney-themed goods, plus bikes and scooters. Video games are big-ticket items at Toys R Us, with popular consoles and game titles up for grabs at a discount.
When shopping, be mindful — your generous gift list might result in a hefty credit card balance. In the 2015 holiday season, 44% of Americans incurred debt and took about two months to pay it off. If you’re part of this crowd, make sure to avoid paying interest with the right credit card. NerdWallet’s list of best credit cards for holiday shopping includes cards with 0% interest periods that may last from 9 to 21 months. There are plenty of reasons to stress over the holidays; don’t let credit card interest be one of them.
We outlined some of the best deals below:
Thursday, Nov. 24, in-store doorbusters:
- Select Lego construction sets from $11.99 to $65.99.
- Barbie pop-up camper for $53.99 (regularly $89.99).
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Mega Blaster for $29.99 (regularly $43.99).
- Pokemon 20th anniversary Pikachu plush toy for $12.49 (regularly $21.24).
Infants and toddlers:
- 40% off all Fisher-Price infant toys.
- Playskool Sesame Street Play All Day Elmo for $19.99 (regularly $59.99).
- LeapFrog LeapPad Platinum kids’ learning tablet for $79.99 (regularly $129.99).
- All LeapFrog LeapPad software for $12.49 each (regularly $24.99).
- Buy one, get one 75% off all Tommee Tippee infant and toddler feeding items.
- Save up to $100 on select Chicco and Safety 1st infant car seats.
- Five-pack Barbie Fashionista doll for $26.99 (40% off).
- Rallye 16-inch to 26-inch bikes from $39.99 to $59.99 (regularly $49.99 to $99.99).
- 50% off select action figures and packs, including WWE and Marvel toys.
- 40% off all Sharper Image radio-control drones and vehicles.
- 50% off select Polaroid Wi-Fi tablets.
- “Star Wars Episode VII” Sphero app-enabled droid for $99.99 (regularly $149.99).
- Xbox One 500GB “Minecraft” or “Battlefield 1” or PlayStation 4 Slim “Uncharted 4” bundle for $249.99 (regularly $299.99).
- Nintendo 3DS in white or black for $99.99 (regularly $199.99).
- Save $10 to $25 on select PS4 and Xbox One game titles.
- Three-month Xbox Live Gold membership for $14.99 (regularly $24.99).
Before its Black Friday sale, Toys R Us released its massive Toy Book to help shoppers get ahead on their Black Friday shopping. The Toy Book is a whopping 120-page advert jam packed with action figures, games, play sets and more at prices that’ll please both parents and kids. You can find these deals both online and in store Oct. 27-Nov. 19, and web orders of $19 or more earn free shipping.
Here are some standout deals from the Toy Book:
- Thomas & Friends wooden railway table for $159.99 (regularly $199.99).
- Buy one, get one 40% off “Finding Dory” and “Super Wings” toys and play sets.
- Up to $20 off select Fisher-Price, VTech and Little Tikes toddler toys.
- $30 off LeapPad Platinum interactive learning system (regularly $129.99).
- Free Legos Friends Bowling Alley set with Lego Friends, Disney Princess, Juniors or Elves purchase of $30 or more.
- Buy one, get one 40% off all Mega Bloks “Halo,” “Call of Duty” or “Destiny” construction sets.
- $20 off a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One controller when you buy any PlayStation 4 or Xbox One gaming system.
Toys R Us 2015 Black Friday deals
In 2015, the Toys R Us Black Friday ad was a thick, 28-pager chock-full of toys and savings to excite kids and parents alike. Most doorbuster deals started at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving and lasted to midnight, while others continued through Saturday. Friday morning doorbusters started at 7 a.m.
From a selection of more than 200 doorbuster deals, parents could find discounts on apparel, electronics, action figures, games, bikes, DVDs, play sets and more. Highlights of the Toys R Us Black Friday sale included:
- 40-50% off Fisher-Price toys.
- 50% off Thomas the Train and Friends merchandise.
- Buy one, get one 60% off Lego Dimensions figures, vehicles and accessories.
- $799.99 for the Big Backyard swing set, including a slide, two swings, a glider, a rock-climbing wall and a clubhouse (regularly $1,599.99).
- 60% off Disney Treasury books and 50% off Disney Read and Play gift sets.
The Toys R Us sale offered some deals on Babies R Us merchandise, including essentials such as diapers and laundry detergent. A sampling: a $10 gift card with value boxes of Huggies diapers and baby wipes; buy one, get one 75% off Tommee Tippee toddler-feeding items; and $69.99 for Baby Einstein activity jumpers (regularly $99.99).
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!