Best Online Financial Planning Service
How we picked the companies to evaluate:
NerdWallet reviewed 10 companies that provide online financial planning services, including several robo-advisors that offer clients access to human advisors as a premium upgrade. The companies reviewed are a mix of established firms with the most assets under management and younger companies. Some of these are NerdWallet partners; some are not.
How we chose the winner:
NerdWallet evaluated each provider across the weighted criteria below to determine the winner for online financial planning service:
- Advisor access and credentials (29.5%).
- Financial planning capabilities (14.25%).
- Account management fees (14.25%).
- Setup or onboarding fees (7%).
- Portfolio construction (7%).
- Investment expense ratios (7%).
- Types of accounts managed (7%).
- Account minimum (3.5%).
- Tax strategy (3.5%).
- Customer support (3.5%).
- Brokerage options (1.75%).
- Other account fees (1.75%).
How we verified our data:
NerdWallet writers sent detailed questions to all reviewed companies. NerdWallet writers and editors also confirmed fees, rates, policies and other key features on each company's website.