Best Robo-Advisor for IRA Investing
NerdWallet reviewed 18 robo-advisors, which together constitute the majority of that market based on their assets under management. Some of the providers are NerdWallet partners, but this did not influence our selection of the winner.
How we picked the companies to evaluate:
NerdWallet evaluated each provider across the weighted criteria below to determine the winner for IRA investing:
How we chose the winner:
- Account management fee (20%).
- Portfolio mix, including level of diversification, customization and specialty portfolio offerings (20%).
- Expense ratios on available investments (15%).
- Account minimum (10%).
- Retirement planning tools (10%).
- Customer service, including hours of availability, ease of finding key information on the provider’s website and educational support offerings (10%).
- Access to human financial advisors (5%).
- Socially responsible portfolio option (5%).
- Account fees (2.5%).
- Frequency of automatic rebalancing (2.5%).
NerdWallet writers sent detailed questions to all reviewed companies. NerdWallet writers and editors also confirmed fees, rates, policies and other key features on each company's website.