Compare top mortgage lenders
Reach out to multiple lenders to see how much you could save. It pays to compare your options.
The lenders for you
- Offers loan products starting with as little as 3% down
- Offers a single online platform for the entire mortgage loan process
- Will beat a competitor's offer by at least $1,000 or give customers $1,000
- Offers an "underwriter reviewed" preapproval letter in as little as 24 hours
- Read our Better.com review
- Largest FHA lender in the nation
- Allows you to complete the process entirely online and gives a loan decision in minutes
- Offers live chat and customer support with extended hours
- Read our Rocket Mortgage review
- Complete and track your application online, and sign documents electronically.
- Free rate locks.
- No lender fee for VA borrowers.
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Read our NBKC review
In order to pick the best lender for you, first decide what kind of loan you’re looking for, what type of service and lending experience you expect, and then see how several lenders compare side by side. What’s most important to you? Face-to-face service, an online experience, credit score flexibility? The mortgage-lending landscape is a crowded field that includes traditional lenders like Bank of America, online mortgage lenders such as Better Mortgage, credit unions like Navy Federal Credit Union, regional banks like SunTrust, mortgage brokers acting as middlemen, and more. Once you’re ready, be sure to contact multiple lenders to compare mortgage rates and lender fees. If you follow these steps, you’ll be able to find the best lender for you.
In a 2015 report, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau found that 77% of consumers apply to only one lender when seeking a mortgage. By shopping just three different lenders, borrowers could save more than $3,500 in just the first five years, according to the CFPB’s research. By applying to several lenders rather than just one, you can compare all-in costs and get the best deal.