NerdWallet brings you more Black Friday previews with a look at Walgreens’ latest ad scan. Check back soon for more leaked ads from the biggest names in retail.
Walgreens Black Friday 2013
The Walgreens Black Friday 2013 ad is here, and this 20-page scan includes sales on toys, media, home goods and more. Like many other stores this year, the Walgreens Black Friday 2013 event will run from Thanksgiving Day through Saturday, with stores opening from 8am to 10pm on the 28th. In addition to the special prices listed in the ad, shoppers can save even more on Black Friday by cashing in the included coupon for 25% off all regularly priced items in their purchase.
Two caveats: some of these offers are valid on Thanksgiving Day only, so plan your shopping schedule accordingly. Also remember that these prices are only available to customers with a Walgreens rewards card, so make sure you’re signed up ahead of time if you want to take advantage of the bargains in this ad.
Walgreens Black Friday 2013 Ad Scans
Walgreens Best Black Friday Deals 2013
Despite being best known as a source of pharmaceuticals and personal-care products, Walgreens’ best Black Friday deals this year include a number of higher quality gifts for the whole family, starting with a variety of electronics and accessories:
- Netgear Neo TV Streaming Player: $34.99 (reg. $49.99)
- Polaroid Android Tablet: $89.99 (reg. $129.99)
- LG 3D Blu-ray Player: $64.99 (reg. $99.99)
- 2XL by Skullcandy Earbuds or Headphones: 50% off
- Emerson Action Digital Camera: $34.99
- RCA Soundboard Portable Speaker: $14.99 ($15 off)
- Jumbo Plush Toy: $20 (over 55% off)
- Children’s Toys: 50% off (selection varies by store)
- Plush Toy or Doll: $7.99
- Atari Flashback 4 or Sega Classic Game Console: $29.99 (40% off)
- Riptide Kick Scooter: $12.99 (over 45% off)
- Home Elements Nutcrackers: 25% off
- Home Elements Pre-lit Christmas Tree, 6′: $34.99
- Living Solutions Christmas Tableware: $2/$3
- Home Elements Tabletop Decor: $14.99
- Home Elements Gift Wrap, Gift Bags and Tissue Paper: Buy 1, Get 1 50% off
Best Walgreens Black Friday Deals from 2012
Last year’s 12 page ad scan featured a respectable volume of items, including a handful of toys, electronics and gift sets, but focused more on everyday health and beauty products than holiday gifts. In addition to their Black Friday event, which ran through Saturday, Walgreens spread out the savings in 2012 with a special early bird Thanksgiving Day sale starting at 9am on Thursday.
The store’s first-in-line incentive was pretty lame compared to other retailers, offering a free RedBox DVD rental to the first 250 shoppers to make a purchase on Thanksgiving Day. If shoppers weren’t motivated to line up for the actual sales, it’s doubtful that this promotion changed their minds.
As with other stores, like CVS, the prices advertised were only available to shoppers with a Balance Rewards card. If shoppers wanted to take advantage of these deals, they needed to sign up for a membership ahead of the event.
A noticeable theme throughout the sale was the offer of 50% off (or Buy 1, Get 1 Free) – not too shabby, especially when it came to items priced above $10:
- All $9.99 Toys (Selection Varied By Store)
- Studio 35 Beauty .5, .75 or 1 in. Curling Irons: $4.99
- Assorted Cosmetics Sets: $3.99-$9.99 (Up to 60% savings)
- Nerd Nite Finder: $4.99
- Inflatable Décor: Buy 1, Get 1 Free (Prices Varied)
- Assorted “As Seen On TV” Products, (Cami Secret, Miracle Socks, and others): Buy 1, Get 1 Free
The ad included a terrific Buy 1, Get 2 Free deal, although this only applied to four items:
- Color Studio by Hallmark Gift Wrap: $1.99 each
- Patriot Candles Jar Candles: $9.99 each
- Foster Grant Reader Glasses: Prices varied
- Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent: $6.99 each
A small selection of electronics was reasonably discounted, and made up some of the higher quality holiday gifts in the ad:
- 2XL by Skullcandy Black Spoke Earbuds or Wage Headphones: $4.99 (50% off)
- Kinyo Universal Bluetooth Speaker iHome Alarm Clock: $29.99 (40% off)
- Android Charging Alarm Clock Radio Speaker: $29.99 (40% off)
- T-Mobile Prism Prepaid Smartphone: $99.99 ($50 off)
The ad’s front page also featured an 8” Polaroid Android Tablet, $40 off at $89.99, and all $19.99-priced toys were 40% off, though the selection varied by store.
Walgreens’ discounts on household items and personal care products were less than stellar, but the store made up for that fact with thousands of points and Register Rewards.
Walgreens Black Friday Store Hours
Walgreens’ 3-day sale will begin at 8am Thanksgiving Day and continue through Saturday. Our Black Friday store hours page has store hours for all the biggest-name retailers in one place – take a look!
Walgreens store from Shutterstock