Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Best Buy’s doors open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving, but shoppers can find most deals online the entire day. The retailer’s doorbuster event launches at 8 a.m. in stores on Black Friday.
Best Buy 2016 Black Friday deals
The 2016 Best Buy Black Friday ad has been released, and its pages are stuffed with savings on all things electronic, plus other gifts like toys and accessories.
We spotted notable discounts on Apple products, like the 9.7-inch iPad Pro for $125 off, select MacBooks for $200 off, the Apple Watch Series 1 for $50 off and buy one, get one 30% off iTunes gift cards. Other products come with gift cards or other bonus gifts.
If your gift list includes some big-tickets deals make sure to mind your credit card balance. In the 2015 holiday season, 44% of Americans incurred debt and took about two months to pay it off. If you’re part of this crowd, make sure to avoid paying interest with the right credit card. NerdWallet’s list of best credit cards for holiday shopping includes cards with 0% interest periods that may last from 9 to 21 months. There are plenty of reasons to stress over the holidays; don’t let credit card debt be one of them.
Our team looked through the whole ad and highlighted some of the best. Read on to see the picks.
Here’s a peek at some of the offers by category:
- $199.99 for the Toshiba 49-inch LED 4K Ultra HDTV ($250 savings, in store only).
- $249.99 for the Sharp 55-inch 1080p LED Smart TV ($250 savings).
- $997.99 for the Samsung 55-inch LED 4K Smart TV ($402 savings).
- $397.99 for a Samsung 50-inch class LED 4K Ultra HD smart TV (regularly $649.99).
» NERDY TIP: Protect your purchase by paying with the right credit card. Some credit cards will pay you the difference if you find a lower price later, extend the product warranty, or protect against loss or damage.
Video games and consoles
- $29.99 for select top video game titles.
- $299 for the Xbox One S 1TB “Battlefield” bundle ($50 savings).
- $249.99 for the PlayStation 4 “Uncharted” 4 bundle ($50 savings).
- $59.99 for the Amazon Fire HD8 16GB tablet ($30 savings).
- Up to $500 off 2-in-1 laptops.
- Up to a $250 Best Buy gift card with purchase of the iPhone 7 (with installment billing agreement).
- $250 Best Buy gift card with purchase of the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge with Gear VR (with installment agreement).
- $599.99 for the Nikon D5300 DSLR camera with 18-55 mm and 70-300 mm lenses and 32GB memory card ($500 savings).
- $35 Best Buy gift card and 64GB memory card with GoPro Hero5 Black purchase.
- 50% off select Klipsch, Sony and Polk speakers.
- $149.99 for Beats by Dre Beats Solo 2 headphones ($150 savings).
- $199.99 for JBL Xtreme portable Bluetooth speakers ($100 savings).
- $139.99 for the Amazon Echo ($40 savings).
- $69.99 for the Garmin vivosmart HR activity tracker ($80 savings).
- $99.95 for Fitbit Alta ($30 savings).
- $149.95 for the Fitbit Blaze smartwatch ($50 savings).
- Up to $50 off Samsung Gear S2 smartwatches.
- Free Samsung 32-inch Smart TV or Keurig K525 coffee maker with purchases of two or more Samsung black stainless-steel appliances totaling $2,499 or more.
- $999.99 for a 25.5-cubic-foot Samsung French-door refrigerator ($777 savings).
- $349.99 each for Whirlpool washers and dryers ($200 savings).
- Up to 30% off select robotic vacuums.
- $199.99 for the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Series stand mixer ($300 savings).
As a bonus, 16 early offers are already up for grabs. These include:
- $39.99 for Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones ($60 savings).
- $49.99 for the Roku 3 streaming player ($50 savings).
- $120 off the Samsung Galaxy S7 with free wireless charging pad.
- $349.99 for the Dell 15.6-inch touch-screen laptop with Intel Core i5 processor ($150 savings).
- $599 for the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 bundle with keyboard ($400 savings).
- $399.99 for the LG 50-inch LED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV ($250 savings).
Best Buy is shipping most orders for free through Dec. 24. Read the fine print carefully, as some deals are in store only and quantities may be limited.
Best Buy 2015 Black Friday deals
Most electronics retailers go all out for Black Friday, and Best Buy was no exception in 2015. Stores were open from 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving to 1 a.m. on Black Friday, then reopened at 8 a.m. Black Friday. Best Buy’s 37-page ad announced savings on TVs, computers, tablets, appliances and more. Here’s a look at last year’s deals and doorbusters:
- $149.99 for a 49-inch Toshiba 1080p HDTV.
- Insignia wireless soundbar with subwoofer for $99.99 (regularly $199.99).
- $200 off the 8GB 21.5-inch iMac.
- Whirlpool washer and dryer for $399.99 each.
Some purchases included a free bonus gift, like a Best Buy gift card. Most deals were available both in store and on the website, and online orders shipped for free with no minimum purchase.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!