Churchill Business Insurance
- Over 1,000 UK trades covered with one of the UK's biggest small business insurance brokers
- Get multiple quotes and buy online in minutes
Get a quote from leading insurers, including:
Our panel of insurers settle at least 80% of claims within 24 hours.
How it works
Churchill was originally founded in 1989 by Martin Long and now forms part of the Direct Line group.
The company started off providing motor insurance policies, but now offers a range of insurance products to both domestic and business customers. Churchill insurance policies are underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.
Churchill Insurance is based in the UK and has offices in Bromley and Peterborough.
To find out more about Churchill business insurance, read our overview below.
What is Churchill business insurance?
Churchill business insurance currently includes a number of cover options depending on the needs of your business. You can buy a standalone public liability insurance policy, or bulk it out with a range of other products.
Business insurance is an important consideration for many businesses. A policy may be able to cover your costs if you have to pay compensation or legal fees following a successful claim against you, for example.
What types of business insurance does Churchill include?
Business insurance from Churchill can include the following cover:
- Public liability insurance – this can cover compensation and legal costs if a member of the public made a successful claim against you for injury, death or damage to property.
- Employers’ liability insurance – this can pay out for compensation owed to employees if they are injured, fall ill or die because of work they do for you.
- Equipment cover – this can cover the cost of replacing your equipment if it’s stolen, lost or damaged.
- Personal accident cover – you could get a fixed sum if you were seriously injured, became disabled or died because of an accident.
- Stock insurance – you could get the stock price of your goods to replace them if they were damaged, stolen or destroyed.
- Contract works insurance – this could pay out to repair or redo work on-site if it’s damaged or destroyed by a fire, flood, vandalism or theft.
- Plant cover (both your own and hired in) – this could cover the cost of repairing or replacing plant that has been damaged or destroyed.
Public liability insurance is included as standard in Churchill’s business insurance policies. You can pick which additional cover options you want to include in your business insurance policy when you get a quote.
For more information about exactly what your policy covers, look carefully at your policy wording or contact Churchill directly.
» MORE: Types of business insurance
How to get a business insurance policy from Churchill
To take out a business insurance policy with Churchill, you can get a quote over the phone or via their website.
You will have to provide information about yourself and your business, which could include:
- your name and address
- your contact information (such as email address and phone number)
- when you want your policy to start
- the industry you work in
» COMPARE: Business insurance
How much does Churchill business insurance cost?
The cost of business insurance varies depending on your personal circumstances, including what your business does, the risks involved and how much cover you want to take out.
What professions does Churchill cover?
Churchill offers insurance for tradespeople and small businesses in the following professions:
If your profession is not listed, it could be worth contacting Churchill directly to see whether they would insure your business.
» MORE: Do I need business insurance?
Churchill Business Insurance FAQs
Are Churchill and Direct Line the same company?
Churchill was founded independently in 1989, but is now part of the Direct Line Group alongside Direct Line and Direct Line for Business.
Who owns Churchill insurance?
Churchill Insurance is owned by the Direct Line Group. Churchill insurance policies are underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.
Kristina is a writer at NerdWallet. A recent graduate trading French for finance, she has experience creating content for student newspaper Cherwell and an edtech company. Read more
How this service works
This insurance service is provided by Simply Business on behalf of NerdWallet Ltd.
The data you supply and submit is collected directly by Simply Business who are responsible for the handling and processing of that data.
Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7NG.