UK Editorial Guidelines
Here at NerdWallet, our number one priority is you. That’s why we share things like how we make money and uphold editorial guidelines to ensure integrity. And we do it all so you can enjoy our tools and guidance with clarity and confidence.
- Every reader is entitled to information that is fair, clear and not misleading.
- The difference between editorial content and marketing messages should be transparent.
- Editorial integrity must not be compromised by advertiser influence.
- Editorial content must be honest, accurate and fact-checked.
- Comparisons and assessments should be objective, factual and based on the actual attributes of the product or provider.
- Our editorial staff, and independent contractors under its supervision, are responsible for creating editorial content including informational articles, product and provider comparisons, and written reviews and assessments.
- Reviews and assessments are based on NerdWallet’s editorial staff’s analysis and reflect the evaluations of the editorial staff or its contractors.
- Editorial staff should not receive any direct compensation from advertisers.
- Providing favourable or unfavourable reviews and/or assessments for specific products or partners will not be a factor in writer employee performance evaluations or compensation reviews.
How we make money
Our NerdWallet comparison service is free to use, however, we do earn commission from our advertisers in our comparison tables. We don't recommend one product over another. Find out how we make money here.