Cover For 1,000 Business Types
Protection if someone is injured or their property is damaged because of your business.
- Public Liability Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Business Contents Insurance
Legal fees and compensation payments if you make a mistake in your work and a client suffers a financial loss.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
Cover for legal fees and compensation payments if you make a mistake in your work and a client suffers a financial loss.
How it works
NFU Mutual was set up in 1910 as an insurance provider for farming communities in the Midlands. In the 110 years since, it has expanded to offer protection to those outside of the world of agriculture too, including cover for business insurance, home insurance and motor insurance. NFU Mutual is a mutual organisation which means that it is owned and run by its membership of 900,000 people.
With 295 local agency offices across the UK, NFU Mutual aims to provide a personal service to members including tailored quotes.
What is NFU business insurance?
NFU Mutual business insurance consists of a range of policies designed for companies of varying sizes. Having business insurance cover in place means that you can cover the cost of unforeseen events, including repairing or replacing machinery, through your policy. You can also safeguard yourself against legal costs that may arise if claims are made against your business.
» MORE: What is business insurance?
What types of business insurance does NFU include?
NFU Mutual offers a range of products for sole traders, SMEs and large organisations. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Employers’ liability insurance: A legal requirement for businesses that employ anyone in the UK that is not a family member. Family businesses that are incorporated as limited companies are also legally required to have employers’ liability insurance.
- Public liability insurance: Covers compensation costs and legal fees if your business causes personal injury, illness or death, and property loss or damage to a third party.
- Product liability insurance: Protects your business against costs and legal fees if a product you have sold causes injury, illness or property damage to a third party.
- Commercial vehicle insurance: Covers a range of vehicles needed to help keep your business running from light goods vehicles such as vans to HGVs or a motor fleet.
In addition to business insurance, NFU Mutual offers a range of other insurance types including home insurance, motor insurance and farming insurance.
How to get a business insurance policy from NFU Mutual
You can get a quote for an NFU Mutual business insurance policy in the following ways:
- Request a call back: You can complete an online form and a customer service representative will review your details and call you back with details about your quote.
- Contact your local agency: NFU Mutual has a network of over 295 local agencies and you can call or arrange an in-person visit to arrange your quote. You can find your local NFU Mutual agency on its website.
How much does NFU business insurance cost?
The cost of an NFU Mutual business insurance policy depends on several factors including your industry, business size and required level of cover.
» MORE: How much is business insurance?
What professions does NFU Mutual cover?
NFU Mutual offers business insurance for a wide range of professions including but not limited to:
It’s important to check whether your profession is covered by a policy before purchasing to ensure that you are covered if anything unforeseen happens.
NFU Business Insurance FAQs
Who underwrites NFU business insurance?
NFU Mutual underwrites its own business insurance policies.
Who owns NFU?
NFU Mutual is a mutual organisation which means that it is run by its membership of over 900,000 individuals.
Who are NFU Mutual’s competitors?
NFU Mutual’s competitors include UK General, Swinton Insurance and Towergate Insurance.
Brean is a personal finance writer at NerdWallet. She covers a range of financial topics and has written for consumer titles including Which?, Moneywise and The Motley Fool. Read more
How this service works
This insurance service is provided by Simply Business on behalf of NerdWallet Ltd.
The data you supply and submit is collected directly by Simply Business who are responsible for the handling and processing of that data.
Simply Business is a trading name of Xbridge Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Registration No: 313348). Xbridge Limited (No: 3967717) has its registered office at 6th Floor, 99 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7NG.