Known for offering discounted rates on last-minute hotel rooms, HotelTonight has launched a desktop version. Here’s what you need to know about using HotelTonight on mobile — where it started in 2010 — or on desktop to book reservations and compare prices:
Shop around. For instance, the Atrium Inn, Vancouver cost $74 through HotelTonight earlier in September, but was $69 on Priceline. If you’re going to shop for discounted hotel rates, comparing two or three sites is always a good idea.
» Learn more: 7 guaranteed ways to find cheap hotel rooms
Plan ahead. Advance purchase hotel rates can be booked for trips 100 days in advance and up to a 14-night stay through HotelTonight. Thus, if your stay is starting 100 days from now, you can book a trip that lasts up to two weeks from that date.
Your reservation might be refundable. HotelTonight offers some rooms with free cancellation, which can come in handy when you book 100 days out.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season
3 ways consumers benefit when hotels compete with Airbnb