American Airlines has partnered with Carnival Cruise Line to bring great deals to travelers ready to book a cruise.
Any member of American Airlines’ AAdvantage program can earn up to 10,000 AAdvantage miles on cruises purchased through the limited deal, and AAdvantage cardholders can earn up to 20,000 AAdvantage miles. This deal includes the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card and the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®.
All AAdvantage members earn one mile per dollar spent on Carnival cruises, and AAdvantage cardholders can earn two miles per dollar spent. This deal is available on cruises departing through Aug. 31, 2021.
Miles are awarded per stateroom, but only one passenger per booking can earn the rewards. AAdvantage cardholders must book the cruise through American Airlines Cruises using their card to get the additional mile per dollar spent.
Image courtesy of Carnival Corporation.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Travel rewards bucket list: Showering on a plane
How I flew for free: Round trip NYC to India using Chase Ultimate Rewards
This strategy is how I started earning major travel rewards