American Airlines has partnered with Carnival Cruise Line to bring great deals to travelers ready to book a cruise.
Any member of American Airlines’ AAdvantage program can earn up to 10,000 AAdvantage miles on cruises purchased through the limited deal, and AAdvantage cardholders can earn up to 20,000 AAdvantage miles. This deal includes the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card and the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®.
All AAdvantage members earn one mile per dollar spent on Carnival cruises, and AAdvantage cardholders can earn two miles per dollar spent. This deal is available on cruises departing through Aug. 31, 2021.
Miles are awarded per stateroom, but only one passenger per booking can earn the rewards. AAdvantage cardholders must book the cruise through American Airlines Cruises using their card to get the additional mile per dollar spent.
Image courtesy of Carnival Corporation.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Travel rewards bucket list: Showering on a plane
How I flew for free: Round trip NYC to India using Chase Ultimate Rewards
This strategy is how I started earning major travel rewards