With rumors swirling regarding when Southwest Airline’s new flights to Hawaii will begin, it might be a good time to look at Southwest’s New Year sale to find flights that could build more Rapid Rewards for your next island vacation.
To get cheap fares through the sale, you must book flights by Jan. 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. in the local time zone of the originating city.
Flights must be nonstop, and 21-day advance purchase is required.
Depending on where you are traveling, there are a few restrictions to consider:
- Domestic travel: The deal is valid for travel between Jan. 29 – May 22, 2019, but is blacked out for Fridays and Sundays. Nevada and Florida have their own day-of-the-week restrictions.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico: The deal is valid for travel Monday through Thursday, Jan. 29 – Feb. 28, 2019, and April 23 – May 16, 2019.
- International travel: The sale is valid for travel Monday to Thursdays, Jan. 29 – March 6, 2019 and April 23 – May 16, 2019. There are some day restrictions for travelers flying to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta. Travel to/from Mexico City, Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions, prices or dates. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Southwest Rapid Rewards program: The complete guide
The Southwest Companion Pass: Why you want it and how to get it
Which Southwest credit card should I choose?