Delta Air Lines has a limited time offer for winter flights to warm places. From Turks and Caicos to Mexico, you won’t want to miss out on these low-cost round-trip flights that start at $246.
A cheap flight is only part of a budget-friendly trip, though. Here are some ideas for planning a five-day tropical vacation for $1,000 or less, and
don’t forget that credit card perks can add up to save you some vacation money.
Specific travel periods to get this deal vary by location but are all between November 2018 and February 2019. Some of the options include:
- New York City (JFK) to Cancun, Mexico: $246+
- Los Angeles to Mexico City: $295+
- New York City (JFK) to Bermuda: $312+
- Boston to Bermuda: $338+
- New York City to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos: $358+
- Pittsburgh to Aruba: $364+
- Pittsburgh to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos: $398+
- Los Angeles to San Jose, Costa Rica: $438+
- Kansas City, Missouri to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico: $451+
- New York City (JFK) to Montego Bay, Jamaica: $477+
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Don’t let hidden hotel fees spoil your stay
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season
Narrow down your next trip with these 4 questions