Now until Sept. 30, you can get a 10% discount on various gift cards when you redeem your reward points through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
While this can be a good way to buy merchandise, it isn’t the best value of Chase Ultimate Rewards® points. Applying your Ultimate Rewards points toward travel is how to get the most value out of them. Cardholders can get a minimum of 1.25 cents per point on travel rewards through the Chase Ultimate Rewards® website, whereas the 10% discount values Ultimate Rewards points at 1.1 cent per point. Also, the gift cards are shipped and could take up to eight days to arrive.
The 10% discount applies to gift cards from the following retailers:
- Atom Tickets
- Bass Pro
- The Children’s Place
- Coldstone Creamery
- Destination Maternity
- Microsoft XBOX
This offer is available through Sept. 30. If you are interested, be sure to snag one of these while they last. Quantities are limited.
4th quarter Chase Freedom® bonus
- Department stores
- Wholesale clubs
- Chase Pay
This is a great time to try out Chase Pay while doing holiday shopping. Major retailers including Walmart and Best Buy accept Chase Pay. Since wholesale clubs such as Costco and Sam’s Club are also included in this promotion, holiday shopping will at least come with a bonus.
To take advantage of this promotion, you must log in and activate the bonus before Dec. 14. That means if you don’t have the Chase Freedom® yet and are considering, there is still time to get the deal for the holidays.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season
NerdWallet’s best Chase credit cards of 2018