Have you ever booked a flight last minute? Or started planning a weekend road trip on a Friday?
Well, it turns out you’re not alone.
Think with Google shows that travel-related searches that included the keywords “tonight” and “today” rose over 150% on mobile devices from January-June 2015 to January-June 2017.
But where do these last-minute travelers visit?
According to the booking data of online travel site Hotwire, the top 10 U.S. destinations people book spontaneously are:
- Austin, Texas
- New York City
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Los Angeles
- Portland, Oregon
It’s not too late to jet — or drive — off on your own last-minute Labor Day adventure. And you can even snag a great deal: Check out these deals we found with 10 airlines and hotel chains. Availability is limited so act quickly, and book with your favorite travel credit card to earn more points or miles.
Nerdwallet does not guarantee rates or availability.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
There’s still time to get end-of-summer travel deals
4 tips for scoring last-minute Labor Day travel deals
Five underrated reasons why you need a Chase Sapphire Preferred