Aw nerds! Looks like this page may be out of date. You can still check out our list of the Best Travel Credit Cards.
One lucky sweepstakes winner will walk away with 1 million Citi ThankYou® Points.
All you have to do is have an eligible Citi credit card and fill out the online entry form by Aug. 31, 2018. Three runners-up will receive 500,000 ThankYou® Points and 10 contestants will receive 100,000.
Here’s what you need to know:
Who can enter? You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien of the 50 states or its territories. You must be 18 or the legal age of majority of your state or territory.
Which credit cards do you need for eligibility? You do need to be a Citi credit cardholder with one of the following three cards: Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card, Citi Premier℠ Card or Citi Prestige® Card. Citi currently is offering a 60,000 ThankYou® Points bonus.
Can you still get a card if you don’t have one? You are still eligible to enter the contest if you open one of three official Citi cards before Aug. 31, 2018, and enter your Citibank card number on the entry form on time.
How much are the points worth? ThankYou® Points are worth 1 to 1.25 cents each, depending on how you use your points and which credit card you have. For example, the Citi Premier℠ Card will allow redemption at 1.25 cents per point in the ThankYou® Travel Center, totaling $12,500. However, if the points are used for gift cards, the value is $10,000.
When will winners be notified? Winners will be notified Sept. 19, 2018.
Redemption tip: Winnings last longer when combined with promotions in the Citi Travel Center. Current hotel discounts include up to 30% off the Kanaloa at Kona by Castle in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, through Dec. 27, 2018.
Before you decide to spend your winnings or the points you earned, do a simple search for travel deals within the Travel Center. Also, calculate costs of airfare and hotels if booking offsite. Treat your rewards like cash.
NerdWallet does not guarantee these promotions.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Don’t let hidden hotel fees spoil your stay
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season
Narrow down your next trip with these 4 questions