Many or all of the products featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
Great for bigger households and road warriors.
If the gas station or grocery store is where you spend most often, or you’re looking for a card that earns cash back on bills, the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite might be a good fit.
Learn more about how we evaluate cards.
The TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card is a cash-back credit card that earns 1% or 3% on eligible purchases (even more if you take advantage of its generous intro offer).
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite* Card
Annual Fee$139To receive the first-year annual fee rebate, you must activate your Card and make your first Purchase on the Account within the first 3 months after Account opening and you must add your Additional Cardholders by March 5, 2024.Waived first year
Interest Rates20.99% / 22.99%20.99% on purchases, 22.99% on cash advances.
Rewards Rate1%-10%Earn 10% on Bonus Eligible Purchases for the first 3 months (must be approved by March 4, 2024)†. Earn 3% on eligible grocery† and gas purchases†, and on regularly recurring bill payments† set up on your account. Earn 1% on everything else†.
Intro OfferUp to $350Earn 10% in Cash Back Dollars in the first 3 months on Bonus Eligible Purchases up to a total spend of $3,500†. Conditions apply. Account must be approved by March 4, 2024.
- Earn up to $500 in value†, including 10% in Cash Back Dollars in the first 3 months on Bonus Eligible Purchases up to a total spend of $3,500†. Conditions apply. Account must be approved by March 4, 2024.
- To receive the first-year annual fee rebate, you must activate your Card and make your first Purchase on the Account within the first 3 months after Account opening and you must add your Additional Cardholders by March 5, 2024.
- Earn 3% in Cash Back Dollars on eligible grocery Purchases and gas Purchases†, and on regularly recurring bill payments† set up on your account.
- Earn 1% Cash Back Dollars on all other Purchases made with your Card.†
- Redeem your Cash Back Dollars to help pay down your Account balance whenever you please – the choice is yours!†
- Your Cash Back Dollars never expire as long as your account is open and in good standing.
- Interest Rates: 20.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances.
- Travel Medical Insurance† – Up to $2 million of coverage for the first 10 days. If you or your spouse is aged 65 or older, you are covered for the first 4 days of your trip. Additional top-up coverage is available.
- Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance† – Up to $1,000 overall coverage per insured person toward the purchase of essentials such as clothes and toiletries if your baggage is delayed more than 6 hours or lost.
- Emergency Travel Assistance Services† – Help is just a call away. Toll-free access to help in the event of a personal emergency while travelling.
- Complimentary Visa Infinite* Concierge†: On call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you get the most from life whenever you travel, shop and use your Card.
- Emergency Road Services with Deluxe TD Auto Club Membership† is included with the product.
- To be eligible, $60,000 (individual) or $100,000 (household) annual income is required. Also, you must have a Canadian credit file and be a Canadian resident of the age of majority in the province or territory where you live.
- †Terms and conditions apply.
- This offer is not available for residents of Quebec.
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) is not responsible for the contents of this site including any editorials or reviews that may appear on this site. For complete and current information on any TD product, please click the Apply Now button.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite full review
The TD Cash Back Visa Infinite is one of two personal cash-back cards offered by Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries, also known as TD Bank Group. The card offers 3% cash back on eligible purchase, but the annual fee and income requirements may be too high for some shoppers.
Benefits of the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card
- Cash back that never expires.
- Round-the-clock roadside assistance, courtesy of a free Deluxe TD Auto Club Membership.
- Car rental discounts through Avis and Budget.
- Visa Infinite perks, including 24-hour access to the Visa Infinite Concierge service team, complimentary wine tasting at participating wineries and discounts at eligible golf courses.
Drawbacks of the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card
- The 3% cash back on groceries, gas and recurring bill payments drops to 1% once you spend more than $15,000 in each category annually.
Who should get the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card?
The TD Cash Back Visa Infinite offers its highest earn rate on groceries, gas and recurring bill payments. Therefore, those with sizable grocery bills, multi-vehicle households or long commutes will be able to make the most of this credit card’s cash-back rewards program.
Is TD Cash Back Visa Infinite worth it?
It depends on your spending habits. Ideally, you want to get more than you give when you have a credit card. After the first year, the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite’s annual fee is $139. To recoup that cost, you’d need to spend at least $4,633 on groceries, gas or bills in one year. That’s about $386 monthly. Anything you spend on eligible purchases beyond this will earn cash back you can pocket.
TD Bank customer ratings
- Below average in customer satisfaction: TD Canada Trust ranks 11th in J.D. Power’s 2022 Credit Card Satisfaction Study.
- Low Trustpilot rating: 1.3 out of 5 possible stars based on over 1,800 customer reviews, as of this writing.
- Low Better Business Bureau customer rating: 1 out of 5 possible stars based on over 300 customer reviews, as of this writing.
- High Better Business Bureau accreditation rating: TD Bank has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite eligibility
Who qualifies for the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card?
To qualify for the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card, you must:
- Be a Canadian resident.
- Be at least the age of majority for your province or territory.
- Have a minimum annual income of $60,000 for an individual or $100,000 for a household.
- Have a valid email address if you apply online.
Approximate credit score needed for approval
Canadian credit card issuers rarely disclose required credit scores, which makes it hard to know your chances of approval when comparing credit cards. What we do know is that higher scores have better chances of approval — that’s true no matter what type of credit you’re applying for.
Want to learn more? Our guide can help you figure out what credit score is typically needed for a credit card.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite rewards
- 10% in Cash Back Dollars on Bonus Eligible Purchases made in the first three months of card ownership, up to $3,500.
- Annual fee waived for the first year of card ownership.
Welcome offer valid until March 4, 2024.
- 3% cash back on gas, groceries and recurring payments (up to $15,000 per category, then 1% cash-back rate applies).
- 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Right off the bat, the free year of card membership immediately saves you $139 with the waived annual fee. But how much value could you squeeze out of the accelerated welcome rate?
You’d earn 10% on all eligible purchases in the first three months, up to a total spend of $3,500, which means a potential $350 cash back.
That’s a total value of up to $489 — all within the first year of card membership.
Point value breakdown
The value of TD Rewards points varies on the redemption method you choose, but you can expect to get around 0.25-0.5 cents per point.
- 0.5 cents per point for Travel Purchases made through Expedia For TD.
- 0.4 cents per point for the first $1,200 of any Book Any Way travel redemption request, and 0.5 cents per point for any amount that is over $1,200 for the same Book Any Way travel redemption.
- 0.4 cents per point for an education credit.
- Around 0.3 cents per point for gift cards.
- Up to 0.3 cents per point for shopping with merchant partners.
- 0.25 cents per point for a cash credit.
How to apply for the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card
The application process for the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card is fairly straightforward.
- Select the Apply Online button from the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite page on TD Bank’s website.
- Sign in if you are an existing customer, or continue as a new customer.
- Select Continue after reading the eligibility requirements.
- Select your province of residence.
- Review the card’s terms and conditions and select ‘I Agree’ to continue.
- Enter your personal details, including your full name, date of birth, phone number, email address and residential address.
- Tell TD Bank about your employment status.
- Tell TD Bank about your finances, including your annual personal income, household income and residential status.
- Review the information you’ve submitted and select your preferred credit limit.
- Add personal information for any additional cardholders, if applicable.
- Review the card’s insurance coverage, as well as the terms and conditions.
- Submit your application.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite vs TD Cash Back Visa
Both of these TD credit cards earn cash back, but eligibility criteria and earn rates vary.
|TD Cash Back Visa Infinite||TD Cash Back Visa|
|Minimum annual income||$60,000 ($100,000 household).||None specified.|
Reasons you might want a different card
There are other circumstances in which the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite simply won’t be a practical fit:
- You don’t spend much on groceries.
- You don’t have a car.
- You don’t meet the minimum income requirement.
- You’d prefer to earn a different type of reward, such as travel points.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite facts
|TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card|
|Card type||Cash Back Credit Card|
|Fees and interest rates|
|Penalty APR||25.99% (27.99% for cash advances) if you miss two payments within 12 months. This penalty APR will stay in place until you’ve made 12 consecutive payments on time.|
|Cash advance APR||22.99%*|
|Cash advance fee||1% of any cash advance transaction made in Canada. If the fee is less than $3.50, TD Bank charges a minimum cash advance fee of $3.50 up to a maximum of $10. Cash advance transactions outside Canada cost $5.|
|Balance transfer fee||3% of the transaction amount.|
|Foreign transaction fee||2.5% of the transaction amount.|
|Rewards and benefits|
|Intro offer||Get 10% cash back on eligible purchases for the first three months following card activation for a total spend of $3,500. Plus, no annual fee for the first year. Must apply by March 4, 2024.|
|Reward earn rates||Earn 3% cash back on grocery purchases, gas purchases and recurring bill payments.
Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
|Travel medical||Up to $2,000,000 for medical emergencies.|
|Lost or delayed baggage||Up to $1,000 per person per trip to cover the cost of emergency essentials, like toiletries and clothes.|
|Rental car theft/damage||For up to 48 days.|
|Extended warranty||Up to 1 additional year.|
|Purchase protection||90 days.|
|Mobile device protection||Up to $1,000 of mobile device protection in case of loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical issues.|
|* Disclosure: This offer is not available for residents of Quebec.|
NerdWallet Canada rates credit cards according to overall consumer value and their suitability for specific kinds of consumers. Factors in our evaluation methodology include annual and other fees, rewards rates, the earning structure (for example, flat-rate rewards versus bonus categories), redemption options, bonus offers for new cardholders, introductory and ongoing APRs, and other noteworthy features such as airline or hotel perks or the ability to transfer points.
Frequently asked questions about TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card
You can use your TD Cash Back Dollars anytime through the TD EasyWeb portal, TDRewards site or mobile app or by calling TD Bank. The minimum redemption amount is $25 (minimum is waived if redeemed annually). You can use your Cash Back Dollars to pay down your account balance.
You can make a payment to your TD credit card by transferring funds from another account or with TD Cash Back Dollars through the TD EasyWeb portal or mobile app.
NerdWallet’s picks for the best cash-back credit cards in Canada include top contenders across numerous categories. Choose the right one for your spending habits and financial goals.
Compare the best rewards credit cards in Canada across numerous rewards categories, including travel, cash back and more, to find the ideal card for your spending preferences.