Compare Annual European Breakdown Cover
- Standard breakdown cover policies do not cover you when driving abroad
- Dedicated European breakdown cover provide peace of mind to motorists when driving on the continent
- Compare features and prices for European breakdown cover from leading UK providers in the table below
- RAC provides recovery services in 48 different countries
- 24/7 English speaking helpline to manage the repairs and other arrangements
- Over 100 years' experience in helping motorists across Europe
- RAC Patrols fix 4 out of 5 cars at the roadside in just 30 minutes on average
- RAC Patrol vans carry over 500 parts and tools
- Attach the RAC fob to your keys and if you lose them they'll let you know if they have been found
- RAC Breakdown Cover has been awarded a 5-Star rating by Defaqto
- 4/5 customers would recommend Green Flag to friends and family
- Green Flag will beat your AA and RAC renewal quote by 50%
- 24-hour motor breakdown service Provided by Allianz Global Assistance, you will be covered for breakdown assistance, emergency roadside repairs, recovery and, if required, a replacement vehicle
- Cover within 35 Continental countries
- Cover for vehicles up to 15 years old
- Up to 4 call outs per membership term
- Over 5000 thousand customer reviews
- Any Driver
- Full nationwide network coverage
- FREE cover for towing caravans and trailers
- Roadside assistance, overnight accommodation, misfuel assist, key recovery, driver illness cover and alternative transport as standard
- 24/7 UK helpline with a 40-minute response time - for assistance when you need it
- No excess or call out charges for up to 6 call outs per year
- Nationwide recovery network and 24/7 call centre
- Cover for vehicles up to 15 years old with up to 6 callouts a year
- FCA regulated insurance product backed by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
Our comparison service features a selection of providers from whom we receive commission. This table is initially ordered according to our commercial arrangements. Use the drop down menu at the top of the page to order by other criteria.
Award-winning comparisons you can trust
It's always nice to know you're on the right track. Over the years, as we have striven to improve the services we provide to our clients and users, we have been pleased to receive recognition for our efforts from both industry and consumer bodies.
Breakdown cover – annual european cover FAQ
If you regularly drive your car in Europe you might want to consider annual European breakdown cover. This service will extend elements of your breakdown cover to include times when you are using your vehicle outside of the UK and within Europe. Taking out annual European breakdown cover will provide you with a set of services for an entire year, which could include roadside repair or repatriation to the UK depending on your policy and situation.
What is annual European breakdown cover?
Annual European cover may be useful should you break down while driving in Europe. The ‘annual’ element means that the cover lasts for an entire year starting from when you first take out the policy. It’s important to remember though that some policies will have a limit on the number of days within that year that you will be covered, as well as limitations on the length of each European visit you make, so check the details closely.
What does annual European breakdown cover include?
This varies hugely from policy to policy, so be sure to check the details of the cover you are considering taking out. Some of the services offered by annual European breakdown cover providers include:
- Roadside assistance
- Recovery to a nearby garage
- Recovery of yourself and passengers to anywhere in Europe
- Recovery of your car to nearby garage
- Recovery of your car to anywhere in Europe
- Repatriation of your car to the UK
- Courtesy car
As well as the above, there are various other factors that can vary depending on the policy, such as:
- Which countries are included
- Cost limits for repairs and/or travel expenses
- Cost limits for onward journey expenses
- Passenger recovery
- The age of the car that can be covered
- Whether trailers, caravans and motorbikes are included
Who might take out annual European breakdown cover?
Annual European breakdown cover is popular with drivers who use their cars in Europe several times a year. If you plan to take several European holidays or business trips over the course of a year, then it might be worth considering taking out annual European breakdown cover. If you breakdown in Europe without cover, the costs of recovery or returning your car to the UK if necessary, without a policy, can run into thousands of pounds.
When might annual European breakdown cover not be useful?
It goes without saying that it is only necessary to add annual European breakdown cover on to your policy if you are going to be driving in Europe. If you are visiting Europe just once, it is possible to take out a single trip European breakdown cover policy, which might be cheaper than an annual policy. Also, do check the limits on your annual European breakdown cover policy as many will only insure you for trips of a certain number of days. There is also likely to be limits on the number of callouts you can make, the countries in which you are covered in and the number of trips to Europe that are included.
AA Breakdown Cover
Established in 1905, the AA is one of the best-known breakdown cover providers, with the UK?s largest in-house recovery fleet.Read more
Owned byRight Choice Insurance Brokers (RCIB), AutoAid offer personal-based breakdown cover that comes with free cover for spouses (terms apply).Read more
Emergency Assist Breakdown Cover
Independent breakdown provider established in 2017. Emergency Assist provide low cost UK and European recovery membership.Read more
Euro Plus Breakdown Cover
European breakdown cover specialists offering cover on the continent provided by Allianz Global Assistance.Read more
GEM Motoring Assist Breakdown Cover
Established in 1932, GEM is a personal breakdown cover provider that has been offering recovery assistance since 1978.Read more
Green Flag Breakdown Cover
One of the UK's leading recovery companies that works with a nationwide network of breakdown specialists.Read more
MotorEasy Breakdown Cover
MotorEasy aim to take the hassle out of car ownership by providing a range of products and services including UK and European breakdown membership.Read more
Nova Direct Breakdown Cover
Nova Direct is an insurance specialist - Policy Excess Insure Ltd providing a range of breakdown cover options.Read more
RAC Breakdown Cover
Long established motoring association that has been at the forefront of British vehicle recovery since the 19th century.Read more
Rescuemycar.com Breakdown Cover
Rescuemycar is a breakdown company run by NCI Vehicle Rescue plc.Read more
Not found what you are looking for?
2-Car Breakdown Cover
Breakdown Cover for Older Cars
Caravan Breakdown Cover
Family Breakdown Cover
Instant Breakdown Cover
Joint Breakdown Cover
Motorbike Breakdown Cover
Multi-Car Breakdown Cover
National Recovery Breakdown Cover
Onward Travel Breakdown Cover
Personal Breakdown Cover
Roadside Assistance Breakdown Cover
Van Breakdown Cover
Vehicle Breakdown Cover