Starling Bank Business Current Accounts
- Starling Bank provide a business card account that offers an alternative to traditional high street business banking.
- You can compare features of Starling Bank's business accounts in the table below.
- Please click on the links provided for further information or to apply online.
Compare Starling Bank Business Current Accounts
- No monthly fees or fees overseas
- Automate expenses and link your account with QuickBooks, Xero and FreeAgent
- Deposit cash easily at your local Post Office and deposit cheques of £500 or less via the Starling app
- User must be 18 or over
- Must be a UK resident
- Starling Bank is not currently accepting overdraft applications outside of the government-backed lending schemes
Compare products from other providers
- Instant Account Number and Sort Code
- No credit checks to open an account
- Business cash advance facility available to eligible customers
- UK Businesses
- Application to be made by UK Director over age of 18
- Overdraft available subject to eligibility
- Contactless MasterCard - with unlimited free purchases in any currency, plus add up to 35 team cards for free
- Instant invoicing directly from your Tide app
- FSCS protected
- For registered business account: you must be registered with UK Companies House as a director of that company or partnership
- For sole trader account: you must be a UK based sole trader/freelancer
- For all accounts: you must be aged 18+, have a valid UK phone number and address, and hold compatible device registered to a UK App or Google Play store
- Same-day overdraft on application - Representative EAR of 10.47% (variable)
- Savings account with instant access - 0.01% AER, subject to eligibility and application
- Manage your cashflow with an HSBC Credit Card - apply in the App and receive a decision in minutes. Representative 15.9% APR (variable).
- Available to Limited Companies and Sole traders. Applicants must be 18 years or older
- Identity and credit checks apply
Award-winning comparisons you can trust
It's always nice to know you're on the right track. Over the years, as we have striven to improve the services we provide to our clients and users, we have been pleased to receive recognition for our efforts from both industry and consumer bodies.
Starling Bank Business Accounts FAQ
What is Starling Bank?
Starling Bank is a UK-based mobile bank that is aimed at freelancers and small business owners. It offers several different banking services, including current accounts, borrowing and business banking, all based around mobile app-based banking. Starling Bank Limited is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
How does the Starling Bank account work?
Starling Bank offers a business bank account that is available on both desktop and mobile. For more details on Starling click the below comparison link in the table.
Who can open a Starling Bank business bank account?
Starling Bank business bank accounts are aimed at small business owners, the self-employed and freelancers. In order to apply for a business account with Starling Bank, if you are self-employed, you must have a personal account with Starling Bank in order to open a business bank account.
The application process begins when you download the app through Google Play Store or the App Store. You will then be asked for some information about yourself and your business and will also be required to undergo a credit check and to supply a short video to help confirm your identity. Providing you pass the checks carried out at the application stage, and the other eligibility criteria, your application will be approved.
How do I open a Starling Bank account?
Starling Bank boasts a quick and easy online application process. To apply for your Starling Bank account click the ‘see deals’ link in the table to get started.
Is my money protected with Starling Bank?
Starling Bank is backed by the FSCS so your money is protected up to £85,000.
What can I use a Starling Bank business bank account for?
Business bank accounts from Starling Bank offer most standard banking services, including the ability to pay in cash at any Post Office branch. You will have access to transaction information, broken down into categories; links between your bank account and accounting software, as well as an overdraft (subject to status) and savings facilities.
What does a Starling Bank business bank account cost?
Providing you have fewer than 10 employees and fall within a maximum turnover limit, there are no monthly fees to pay to hold the account and use services such as electronic payments and cash withdrawals. However, there may be charges and fees payable on certain services and features, such as withdrawing cash over the counter at the Post Office, so it’s important to check the full terms of the account before applying.
If you decide to apply for an overdraft with your business bank account, Starling will charge you interest on your borrowing. However, no additional fees are payable. You may also have to pay interest or fees if you exceed your agreed overdraft limit.
Can I switch to a Starling Bank business account?
Yes, Starling Bank is signed up to the Current Account switch guarantee, which takes much of the pain and work out of switching. Along with many other banks, Starling Bank will facilitate a quick switch once you have provided it with the right information. All your transaction information and direct debits, for example, will be switched within seven working days.
Is Starling Bank a good option for me?
To see what customers are saying about this account you can find reviews for Starling Bank on independent review sites like Trustpilot reviews.
Where can I get reviews of Starling Bank?
You can find reviews for Starling Bank on independent review sites like Trustpilot.
Services offered by this provider may change over time. Always check Ts&Cs.