Compare 95% LTV Mortgages

Why are you looking for a mortgage?
Filter your results
You have a 95% loan-to-value

    Your search returned no results

    We can't find any mortgages to match your search. Why not try reducing your LTV, changing your repayment type or removing any filters, then try again.

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

The mortgage data above was supplied by Moneyfacts Group Plc and is updated at the time of mortgage search. The figures and data provided in our tables are for illustration purposes only. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data you should always confirm the terms on offer with the provider/broker. We do not give any financial advice.

Our mortgage comparison service is partnered with Fluent Mortgages for selections made outside of our featured lenders. Featured lenders are firms with whom we have a direct commercial relationship.

Award-winning comparisons you can trust

It's always nice to know you're on the right track. Over the years, as we have striven to improve the services we provide to our clients and users, we have been pleased to receive recognition for our efforts from both industry and consumer bodies.

Last updated on 04 March 2021.

95% LTV Mortgages FAQ

What is a 95% LTV mortgage?

Loan-to-value (LTV) measures the proportion that a lender is willing to offer as a percentage of a property’s value during a purchase. An LTV of 95% would mean your provider paid a significant sum toward your property, leaving you to pay 5% of the property’s value upfront as a deposit.

Is interest higher with a low deposit?

Yes. Having a 95% LTV mortgage will likely result in higher risk for the provider, so they may wish to mitigate this by charging a higher rate of interest in comparison to a mortgage with a larger deposit requirement.

What is one of the advantages of a 95% LTV mortgage?

One of the great advantages, especially for first-time buyers, is having to spend much less time saving up on a deposit, given how small it will be as a proportion of a property’s value.

What are variable and fixed-rate mortgages?

When considering a 95% LTV mortgage, you might wish to find a product whose rate of interest is frozen for a limited time (a fixed-rate mortgage), or simply pay off your mortgage month by month with a fluctuating level of interest (a variable-rate mortgage).

What’s the benefit of a fixed-rate mortgage?

For first-time buyers and other borrowers, fixed-rate mortgages help lock in a specific level of interest, albeit for little more than a few years at a time. This helps make interest payments more predictable, as the rate of interest will stay the same regardless of moves in the market rate.

Are early repayments costly to make?

While it might seem more cost-effective to pay off your mortgage, if cash flow is ample enough then providers may try to make it more costly through an Early Repayment Charge. Check terms and conditions to see what a provider’s policy is on the matter.

Where can I find the best deals on 95% LTV mortgages?

NerdWallet have a bespoke comparison table on the wide array of deals for 95% LTV mortgages currently on the market. As with any form of loan, always be aware of what is most affordable to you, and always check terms and conditions.

What happens if you default on a 95% LTV mortgage?

Defaulting on a mortgage has serious financial ramifications, given that mortgages are major financial commitments. You might be forced to sell assets you own to clear outstanding debts and may struggle to acquire future finance because of a lower credit score.

What’s the difference between interest-only and repayment mortgages?

Many buy-to-let mortgages are interest-only, meaning the borrower is required to repay interest only during the length of the mortgage term. When it ends, they are expected to make a lump sum payment to pay off the outstanding loan. Repayment mortgages simply pay off the loan in instalments, with interest on top.

Why seek an interest-only mortgage?

Interest-only mortgages are another way for home buyers to reduce costs on paying off a mortgage, especially if cash flow is an issue in the short-term. Interest-only mortgages bring the need to find a suitable rate of interest into focus, so always carry out adequate research to know what rate best suits you financially.