Best Small Business Credit Cards of 2017
As an entrepreneur, you value every dollar you make. These cards make those dollars go farther.
Here are the best small business credit cards:
Best for 0% APR period
Best for airport lounge access
Best for fair credit
0% APR period
Intro APR Promotions
0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 12 months
- APR: 14.24% - 20.24% Variable APR
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99%, Variable
Earn $300 bonus cash back when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn $300 bonus cash back when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Named "A Great Card for Small Businesses" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, September 2016.
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
- Earn 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- No Annual Fee
Credit cards with 0% APR periods are always crowd-pleasers, but for small businesses, they’re especially valuable. If you need to make a major inventory purchase, this $0-annual-fee card lets you float that debt interest-free for a while while earning great cash-back rewards. Also nice: You can get additional cards for employees at no cost and set spending limits on those cards.
Complete card details | Full NerdWallet review
For more flexibility in bonus categories
SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express
Airport lounge access
Intro APR Promotions
- Purchase: N/A
Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Terms Apply.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 6/2017
- Terms Apply
- View Rates and Fees
Business travelers know there’s nothing quite like getting a free meal, a quiet place to rest and maybe even a shower at an airport lounge during a long layover. The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN provides access to more than 1,000 of these exclusive clubs worldwide, including Centurion lounges, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select lounges. You’ll also get a $200 credit for airline incidentals, such as checked baggage fees.
Complete card details / Full NerdWallet review
For airline-specific card options
NerdWallet’s best airline credit cards
Intro APR Promotions
- APR: 23.99% Variable APR
- Penalty APR: 30.40%, Variable
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99%, Variable
- Enjoy no annual fee
- Earn 1% cash back on every purchase, every day
- Build business credit with responsible use
- Fraud coverage if your card is ever lost or stolen
- No foreign transaction fees
- Enjoy business benefits including Year-End Summaries, employee cards at no extra cost and experienced small business customer service
As long as you pay your balance in full every month, this card is a whole lot cheaper than many of the high-interest loans and other short-term financing offers marketed to entrepreneurs with fair credit. You earn cash-back rewards on your spending, too. With on-time payments, you can work toward strengthening your personal credit and business credit.
Complete card details
NerdWallet’s credit cards team selects the best cards in each category based on overall consumer value. Factors in our evaluation include fees, promotional and ongoing APRs, and sign-up bonuses; for rewards cards, we consider earning and redemption rates, redemption options and redemption difficulty. A single card is eligible to be chosen in multiple categories.
Last update Jan. 27, 2017.
To recap our selections...
NerdWallet's Best Small Business Credit Cards of 2017
- Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card: Best for 0% apr period
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN: Best for airport lounge access
- Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business: Best for fair credit