This year on Amazon Prime Day — the online retail giant’s mid-July sale — some cardholders might be able to rake in bigger rewards on groceries.
Amazon announced this week that cardholders with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card will get 10% back on up to $400 in eligible Whole Foods Market purchases from July 14 to 17. (Normally, the card earns 5% back on Whole Foods purchases.) The promotion coincides with the retailer’s Prime Day sale, which starts July 16 this year and lasts for 36 hours.
For cardholders, this deal could be worth up to $40 in rewards. To be sure, that’s not a huge amount — but it might be reason enough for you to do your grocery shopping at Whole Foods during the week of Prime Day.
Here are some fast facts about this deal:
- Offer: You’ll get 10% back on Whole Foods purchases, on up to $400 in purchases, when you pay with your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card.
- Dates: The offer starts 12 a.m. ET July 14 / 9 p.m. PT July 13, and ends at 3 a.m. ET July 18 / 12 a.m. PT July 17.
- Location: Whole Foods Market stores in the U.S.
- Who qualifies? Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature cardholders whose cards are loaded onto their Amazon accounts and linked to eligible Prime memberships qualify. If you don’t have an eligible Prime membership and carry the less-rewarding Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card instead, you’ll earn 3% back on Whole Foods purchases.
- How much can you earn? If you max out this offer — that is, spend $400 at Whole Foods — that will get you $40 worth of rewards on your card. That’s $20 more in rewards you would typically get with this card. It’s not an enormous amount, but it’s still a good deal if you usually shop at Whole Foods. (If you qualify for the offer and spend over $400, the amount in excess of $400 will earn 5% back, rather than 10%.)
- What’s excluded? Purchases that aren’t eligible for this offer include those made at Amazon, international Whole Foods stores and third-party sellers offering Whole Foods products, among others. Amazon notes that cardholders may not be able to combine this offer with other Prime Day markdowns at Whole Foods.
If you don’t have an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card, you can still get some Prime Day specials at Whole Foods. Just download the Whole Foods app, link it to your Prime account and have your smartphone ready at checkout.
Information related to the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card and the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card has been collected by NerdWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.