Country Financial reviews and ratings
- Offers a variety of auto insurance discounts.
- Complaints against Country Financial are fewer than expected for the industry.
- Available in 19 states.
Started by Illinois farmers, Country Financial has its roots in the Midwest as a farm and crop insurer. Now the company offers a full slate of insurance products for both city and rural dwellers in 19 states.
Besides car, home, life and other insurance policies, the company offers retirement and education financing products and planning services.
Country Financial pros and cons
|Fewer than expected consumer complaints.||Not available in all states.|
|Offers multiple insurance products.||Ranked below average for auto insurance claims satisfaction.|
Country Financial auto insurance
Country Financial auto insurance earned 4.0 stars out of 5 for overall performance. NerdWallet’s ratings are determined by our editorial team. The scoring formula takes into account pricing and discounts, ease of filing a claim, website transparency, financial strength, complaint data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and more.
Country Financial offers the usual auto insurance coverage, including liability, comprehensive and collision policies.
Additional options include:
- Safety glass: Waives the comprehensive insurance deductible for glass repairs.
- Vehicle rental and trip interruption: Reimburses up to $800 for a rental car, hotels and meals if you can’t drive your vehicle because of damage covered under the policy in an accident more than 100 miles from home. The maximum reimbursement amount varies by state.
- Personal effects: Covers up to $800 of valuables in the car, with a $100 deductible.
- New car replacement: Designed for newer cars up to four model years, this coverage pays for a brand-new car if yours is totaled in an accident or suffers other damage covered under the policy. The coverage does not apply if the car is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Rideshare insurance: If you drive for a rideshare company or a delivery service like GrubHub or Instacart, this option allows you to have one policy that covers both personal and ridesharing use. This coverage is only available in Oregon.
» MORE: Compare car insurance rates
Country Financial’s auto insurance discounts vary by state but may include:
- Discount if you get a quote before your current policy expires.
- Discount for couples getting married within the year who insure all vehicles with Country Financial.
- Discount for having a car with an alarm or anti-theft device.
- Good driver and defensive driver discount.
- Multi-policy and multi-car discount.
- Good student and college graduate discount.
- Legacy discount for unmarried drivers who are under 25 and have parents who qualify for a multi-car or multi-policy discount.
- Discount for newly licensed drivers who complete a Country Financial course.
- Discount for full-time teachers, firefighters, police officers, emergency medical technicians and paramedics.
Simply Drive is an online safety course for 16- and 17-year-old drivers. A discount of up to 10% is offered if the teen completes the course, attends a meeting accompanied by a parent with a Country Financial agent and signs a participation agreement in front of the agent. In signing the document, the teen agrees to follow safe driving rules, such as wearing a seat belt, never driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and limiting distractions while driving.
Country Financial homeowners insurance
Country Financial offers basic homeowners insurance, an upgraded option and a combination policy. Learn more in our Country Financial home insurance review.
Country Financial life insurance
Term life insurance: Coverage of $50,000 to more than $1 million is available for terms of 10, 15, 20 or 30 years. You can add extra features to a term life insurance policy for additional cost:
- The return-of-premium option refunds the premiums paid if you’re still living at the end of a 20- or 30-year policy.
- The disability waiver-of-premium option lets you keep the coverage without paying the premium if you become disabled before age 65.
- You can add up to $50,000 of term life coverage for children from birth to 17. This can be converted to permanent life insurance at age 23 without any additional medical exams.
- The accelerated benefits feature allows you to use part of your death benefit while you’re alive to help with terminal illness costs.
Whole life insurance: A variety of payment options are available for whole life insurance, including making annual payments until age 65 or 95; making annual payments for 10 or 20 years; or making one lump-sum payment.
Universal life insurance: Country Financial’s universal life insurance offers permanent coverage if you pay your premiums and don’t cancel the policy. It is a more affordable option than whole life coverage, with fewer benefits. Like term insurance, benefits can be added at an additional cost, such as waiver of specified premium and child term insurance.
» MORE: Compare life insurance quotes
Country Financial complaints and customer satisfaction
Country Financial had fewer than the expected number of complaints to state regulators relative to its size for auto insurance, according to three years’ worth of data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
Country Financial was ranked below average by J.D. Power for auto insurance claims satisfaction.
More about Country Financial
Website: Country Financial’s website gives basic overviews on insurance and the company’s products, and features financial articles and tools. You can also get an insurance quote, find an agent, pay premiums, see insurance cards and report and track claims.
|Other types of insurance from Country Financial include:|
|Renters insurance||Recreational vehicle insurance|
|Motorcycle insurance||Crop, farm and ranch insurance|
|Boat insurance||Business insurance|
|Condo insurance||Mobile home insurance|
|Landlord insurance||Health and medicare supplement insurance|